Creating & Exporting Multi-Track Drum Tracks w/ Producer Kit

rocknrollchef

Hello Everyone:

(I use Logic X 10.3.3 fyi). I'm more of a chef/musician vs. recording engineer, just trying to get some basic knowledge of Logic to record/overdub, not a pro engineer. This is for those of you with a similar situation. I often produce cooking content/recipes, it's important not to assume people already know anything, so I'm taking the same approach here (a lot of online videos/tutorials gloss over important things that newbies don't know, not good).

NOTE: There are other ways to do this of course (probably better), but this worked for me - after not finding these instructions anywhere online. [/i]

My goal was to create & export multi-track drums using the Logic drum library - amazing quality sounds right? Although getting them to play specific fills is another issue. So here's what I did to get to the final goal:

1. Create new session from "multi track" or whatever;

2. Create "drummer track & import one of the "drummers" you like:

3. Click on that drummer track, and then find the "Producer Kit" from the drummer library;

4. Click on the Producer Kit you want eg. Bluebird or ??;

5. You will notice a triangular arrow that appears on the gray track bar, letting you know the Producer Kit is active;

6. Click on the triangle arrow (point it downward) and you'll see it has created a "track stack" with all the instruments, and more; you can raise/lower volume, add FX etc.

TO EXPORT MULTI-TRACKS: Select all the tracks you'd like to export from the the drums; then find the "bounce" function, and it will give you some options e.g. bounce 11 tracks. Tell it what folder to send it to on your computer, click on that and you're good to go.

Hope this helps & happy recording!

Chef

http://www.RockNRollChef.com

Edited by rocknrollchef

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...