Keeping all notes in a track the same Velocity EASILY?

Reesche

After recording a track...... I go in and want to keep ALL the notes the same velocity...... It seems I have to select Every note to change the velocity. I would perfer to select ALL the notes in the track and change all the notes to the SAME velocity.

I am using a Novation Impulse 49 Keyboard Controler. Evidently, it is touch sensitive. See attatched.

Any ideas to help me make this simpler to change all the notes in the track?

Thank you guys!

Reesche

686740957_LogicProX1.thumb.png.84572f440ca70392cc246270d03f4704.png

In the piano roll just Cmd+A to select all, and then move the velocity slider (Located on the left side of the piano roll) to the value you want.

Or, you can right click on the MIDI region in the main arrangement, pick MIDI > MIDI Transform > Fixed Velocity and set it in there.

You can also use the Velocity Processor Midi FX so Logic corrects velocities as you play - but this isn't recorded as MIDI data, the plugin acts non-destructively, so not always the best option.

Thanks but none of your suggestions worked.

I did (command ALL) to select all the notes in one of my recorded tracks (see screen shot)... but as you will see, I have 2 sections of notes that differ in velocity and when I try to move the velocity slider on the left it will not move.

The second option is right clicking on that same track and you see what my options are.

Again.... I just want to select a separate track (as in the screen shots here) and select all notes and change all of the notes to "one" velocity level.

Using Logic Pro X v. 10.4.1

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Reesche

1254282873_ScreenShot2018-06-21at8_54_30AM.thumb.png.bf76bb4748adfe583bed9013c3933696.png

557229857_ScreenShot2018-06-21at8_55_24AM.thumb.png.45109cff2bd0e60b283e17a637b00828.png

Well, it looks like your 2nd option will work..... If I can remember it in my work flow down the line.

Just to add to this, Logic 10.3 and upwards lets you assign User Transform presets, up to 30 of them. If you want a really quick way to fix the velocities of your MIDI notes instead of digging through the MIDI Transform menu, create a User Transform preset for Fixed Velocity (you can just copy the exact setting from the factory one) and assign that User Transform preset to a custom key command. I've actually done this myself and I have "Fixed Velocity to 100" assigned to Shift V (my custom key command). So for me, it's: Select All, Shift V. Boom, boom, and done.

It's a shame you can't assign to a button on Logic and place it on the interface somewhere.

I prefer using key commands... I feel that it's much faster to execute key commands than to click on menus. That's just me though. I never ever click on the Tool bar, in fact I keep it hidden.