Installing Mojave on old Mac hardware

carlcaulkett

If anyone has resigned themselves to not being able to upgrade to Mojave with its sexy dark-mode, and its other, less glamourous productivity improvements, you may be interested to know that a fine gentleman called DosDude1 (not the name with which he entered the world, I'll warrent!) has put together a guide and tools which patch the Mojave installer so that the OS runs on older "unsupported" hardware.

http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

I've just run it on my Apple Mac Pro (early 2009) and while the update seemed to take for ever, it all went smoothly, and I am now running Mojave. Logic Pro X seems to work, so that's a bonus!

2130705010_Screenshot2018-09-07at16_35_39.png.797dc82fd085a132539dce6020b11aa7.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the enhanced graphics in Chromaverb work or not. Hang on a sec...

...no! Looks like the fancy graphics are not showing up in Chromaverb. Still sounds pretty good, though!

Obviously, I can offer no guarantees about this, but as I say, as long as you follow the guide carefully, and are prepared to wait the eterntity it takes, you should be okay, especially with a 64 GB machine!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.