The best loop browser/player

3ple

I've been waiting for this for ages and it's finally here!!!

For those of you who don't know about Loopcloud, just check it out: https://www.loopcloud.net (I am not affiliated with them or anything)

I installed this app/plugin a few months ago. To my disappointment, I couldn't add my own samples and loops, so it was basically just a loop/sample player that would play Loopmasters' stuff, loops and samples bought through their website. Luckily, Loopmasters people heard their users' requests (something Apple should do more often too with Logic hahaha) and now we can add our own library of sounds and we can add custom tags! How cool is that??!! I'm so excited that I wanted to share this amazing tool with all my LPH family, because it can REALLY change the workflow for most of us. It will change mine for sure ;)

Give it a try! :)

I've been waiting for this for ages and it's finally here!!!

For those of you who don't know about Loopcloud, just check it out: https://www.loopcloud.net (I am not affiliated with them or anything)

I installed this app/plugin a few months ago. To my disappointment, I couldn't add my own samples and loops, so it was basically just a loop/sample player that would play Loopmasters' stuff, loops and samples bought through their website. Luckily, Loopmasters people heard their users' requests (something Apple should do more often too with Logic hahaha) and now we can add our own library of sounds and we can add custom tags! How cool is that??!! I'm so excited that I wanted to share this amazing tool with all my LPH family, because it can REALLY change the workflow for most of us. It will change mine for sure ;)

Give it a try! :)

Sorry, "cloud" based software shouldn't require you to install software on your computer.

File upload capability is already in the HTML protocol so it's already built-in all browsers.

Any searching capability is done thru a Web Entry form and that data is submitted to the server where server code will process and return a HTML response back to the browser so the user can see the results, which can include downloading of anything.

That's your "cloud" based design in a nutshell.

Second, why would you take a WAV file and upload it to another server and then have to login to get that WAV file back to use.

It's already on your computer, I don't see the Logic (yes pun intended) in that.

Disk Drives are so cheap now-a-days where you can get a 6TB for around $130 so there's your "unlimited storage". I say "unlimited storage here because I've never even come close to filling 6TB's of WAV files or Logic Pro X projects. :mrgreen:

Who says that I’m uploading anything to the cloud?

The software Needs to be installed or don’t you install google drive, Dropbox, etc? ;)

Maybe you should do some research on Loopcloud before posting this “explanation” that has nothing to do with the post

Indeed, this is an awesome solution for Logic's everlasting incapability to just preview a (thirdparty) audioloop synced to bar and Logic Tempo.

(and no, i am NOT talkin' about Apple Loops).

As 3ple mentioned, it's now possible to make your own local audioloop library visible in the Loopcloud plugin and tag it.

(for instance, an audioloop library you have on an external drive).

Select an audioloop and Loopcloud will automatically sync it so it will start exactly on Bar and plays with Logic's Tempo.

Hooray !

Indeed, this is an awesome solution for Logic's everlasting incapability to just preview a (thirdparty) audioloop synced to bar and Logic Tempo.

(and no, i am NOT talkin' about Apple Loops).

As 3ple mentioned, it's now possible to make your own local audioloop library visible in the Loopcloud plugin and tag it.

(for instance, an audioloop library you have on an external drive).

Select an audioloop and Loopcloud will automatically sync it so it will start exactly on Bar and plays with Logic's Tempo.

Hooray !

:D glad you like it too! I think it's really a game changer in terms of organizing your library and also speeding up your work flow. I love tools like this one!

Agreed. Loopcloud is really cool. Very smart of them to build their app as a plugin.

In my opinion, if they can find a way to lower their prices to compete with Splice, they will for sure win the game. The plugin itself is a huge tool to audition the loops, hear how they fit the song, something that Splice lacks.

Precisely, wellsaid 3ple !

One wish for me that comes to mind is the ability in Loopcloud plugin to also preview (locally stored) MIDI files,

synced to Bar and Logic tempo and transposed to a certain Key.

I'm not sure how that would work, since their plugin is a standalone app that connects to Logic through another plugin just for audio purposes...

To be honest, I think Loopmasters won't be thinking about it, because they just want people to buy their loops and the majority are audio, not MIDI.

For me, the way it is now, is already a major update, for free :D

Is it just me or does the new Logic Pro x 10.4.2 now really plays audioloops in Untagged Loops sync to Bar ?!!

And regarding previewing midifiles in Logic:

Today i fiddled around with Toontrack EZKeys (bought along time ago, never digged into it, until now).

I added my midifiles library to EZKeys Library and now can play those midifiles in sync with Logic Tempo and even choose Logic's key signature in EZKeys,

to play midifiles in Key in Logic: AWESOME STUFF ! :D