Good news about macOS 10.14 Mojave

carlcaulkett

As well as the happy fact that Logic Pro X seems to work perfectly well in Mojave beta 10 and 11, there's the major fact that new AU plug-ins now appear to be incrementally added, avoiding the need to delete the Audio Cache and scan from scratch! I think this is a major breakthrough and the fact that it didn't need an upgrade to Logic Pro X itself suggests that macOS was at fault in High Sierra.

All we need now for the next version of Logic Pro X is for Apple to redesign entirely the plugin selection, since the current way of doing things could hardly be described as elegant!

As well as the happy fact that Logic Pro X seems to work perfectly well in Mojave beta 10 and 11, there's the major fact that new AU plug-ins now appear to be incrementally added, avoiding the need to delete the Audio Cache and scan from scratch! I think this is a major breakthrough and the fact that it didn't need an upgrade to Logic Pro X itself suggests that macOS was at fault in High Sierra.

All we need now for the next version of Logic Pro X is for Apple to redesign entirely the plugin selection, since the current way of doing things could hardly be described as elegant!

Are you using Mojave on your MP 5,1? I was under the impression Mojave doesn’t run on the MPs - unless, you have an updated video card?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but there is a bug in Mainstage 3.2 under High Sierra, and continued in Mojave that is a major pain in the butt...

If you utilize the function in MainStage of selecting multiple patches, and choose "New Patch From Selected Patches" in the gear menu (next to patch list in the GUI), MainStage will combine the patches, but does not copy any text objects that exist outside of the first patch.

Not a big deal unless you use this capability, and something that can be worked around by copying the text manually (from the original patches) and pasting it into the new combined patch. However --- depending on how you use templates, and MainStage ---- this can be a huge time loser.

So ... MainStage is still whack-o'd by this bug in Mojave. (as it is in High Sierra).

j