Creating New Alchemy Waveforms

3ple

A while ago I created a post on how to create new waveforms using Audacity.

Today a guy approached me on Instagram and shared this really awesome Java application that lets us convert any wave cycle to a new Raw file. It's not only faster than my method, but it can actually convert any cycle with any length. With my method, the cycle would have to be 2048 sample long.

Here's the Zip file below. Just click the Jar file, pick a folder (you need to create a folder and put the wav/aiff file(s) in there) and it will convert. It just doesn't let us pick one or more files. Just a folder.

The Raw files will then be inside that same folder.

Things to remember:

Stereo files - the program will pick the left channel and create a Raw file from that left channel, so you either accept that or you just create a mono file with the cycle you want

It doesn't normalize the file, so it's better if you normalize the cycle yourself

The Jar file and the lib folder need to be together, inside the same folder. Just keep it the way it is once you unzip it.

Each wav/aiff file will generate 2 files, because whoever created this application thought it would be cool to have one for the sound itself and one for the LFO. Both files have the same waveform, just different names, so you can have them in different folders.

After that, just place your files here (but remember: COPY the files, don't move them, because with new updates, maybe Logic goes back to its default and you lose all of them):

/Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAAlchemy.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Libraries/WaveOsc

You can also copy them to the WaveLfo folder and use it as an LFO.

Hope it helps. It definitely helped me a lot!!!

AlchemySampleLoader.zip