Easiest way to do loop/repetition?

fauwl

Basically how to do that repetition what you got if you mark 4 beat and 1 bar in timeline (Beats & Project mode activated)

I know i can copy section between locators and do the timing in the region manually and copy/paste that same section as many times i want, but it's not usually fast enough or as precise/in sync as you do the loop on the timeline and logic syncs it perfectly :?:

Edited by fauwl

• 1 month later...
Basically how to do that repetition what you got if you mark 4 beat and 1 bar in timeline...

Your post is a little bit confusing. When you say glitch, I think of the genre of electronic music called glitch. Is that the sound you mean?

If it is, and you will be using MIDI regions, use the step editor. It makes it super easy to select random groups of notes and copy/paste them anywhere you want, in an infinite number of ways.

If you want to use audio regions, the scissor tool is your best friend. Check out the different ways you can chop up regions by holding down the alt key with the scissors tool and changing the value of the arrange area’s background grid.

And there’s always the MIDI transformer for changing the order of notes, quantities, note velocity and a million other things.

• 3 weeks later...
Basically how to do that repetition what you got if you mark 4 beat and 1 bar in timeline...

Your post is a little bit confusing. When you say glitch, I think of the genre of electronic music called glitch. Is that the sound you mean?

If it is, and you will be using MIDI regions, use the step editor. It makes it super easy to select random groups of notes and copy/paste them anywhere you want, in an infinite number of ways.

If you want to use audio regions, the scissor tool is your best friend. Check out the different ways you can chop up regions by holding down the alt key with the scissors tool and changing the value of the arrange area’s background grid.

And there’s always the MIDI transformer for changing the order of notes, quantities, note velocity and a million other things.

No, definitely not that genre.. but some glitch-tracks have that looping what i was after..

• 5 months later...