Deleting factory Apple loops including dimmed ref.

rededfred2010

What I wanted to do was clear all factory Apple loops from the Logic loop browser so I could just have my own ones that I make or buy.

The problem was that even after I deleted them, Logic kept reindexing them so they showed up the dimmed versions which is not what I wanted.

After lots of searching I think I have figured it out.

Deleting the loops from Library/Audio/Apple loops/Apple gets rid of the aiff files.

In Logic 10.4.4 I found the files in Applications. Logic. Show package contents/resources/AppleLoopindex.

If you delete everything in there and then delete the Database file in Users/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases.

Restart Logic and reindex in the loop browser it will be empty.

Now you can add all your own stuff and none of the stuff you don't want.

I hope this helps someone.

Paul.

Logic 10.4.4

• Like 1

You know, I was just about to get rid of those. I never use them, so nice tip. Thanks.

I spent ages searching for a way to do it and I know some people will say why bother. I just like having all the browser with files of my choice. You can go another step and use Apple loops utility software so you can tag all your own samples.

• 4 years later...

No worries, thanks for checking. To the best of my knowledge, and the license agreement, Logic's content is free to be used in commercial music - in fact, there have been numerous hit records featuring prominent and obvious Apple loops from Logic.

Remix sessions are something different - basically, a bit like commercial demo projects you can play with, but you can't use in your own works.

Edited by des99

• 5 months later...