Add body to low end vocal

tbhewitt

I have a vocal from a female artist that is just about out of her range on the low end. 90% of the vocal is sweet, but the low end really stands out as being nearly out of range.

Is there something I can do to beef up that low end vocal?

I was thinking of duplicating that portion of the vocal and then adjusting the formant on the duplicate track to add more body.

I'm on the road and will be working on this next week, so any other tips of things to try would be helpful.

Melodyne

Can you add anything else?

What is it in Melodyne that would allow me to address this?

Which flavor?

Essential $99

Assistant $299

Editor $499

Studio $849

What would Melodyne give me that I cannot already do with Logic Pro X features like the Flex Pitch editor?

I'm open to the option, just don't want to throw away cash on something that I don't really need.

Logic's flex pitch can make decent touch ups.

But definitely not as extensive work and not as good as Melodyne could achieve, and in an easier workflow (once familiarized with it).

Checking some demo/tutorials could give you a good idea up to what extent you can go beyond flexpitch...

Money wise, it is indeed quite expensive. But honestly, I hardly envision extensive audio editing work in a professional day-in/day-out context. Eventually Logic may get there, but not at the present time. And chances are that when Logic reaches current Melodyne performances, the latter will also have raised the bar even further...

+1 for Melodyne.

It's cleaner, more transparent and more flexible.

As for beefing it up, try splitting the bands and using exciter on the low notes.

a simple trick for next time: record it a semitone or two higher (just that part) then pitch it down to target pitch.