Validated plugins not appearing for selection on my tracks [SOLVED]

millenliam

Hi,

I'm having a new issue where a certain group of plugins (Focusrite Scarlett Suite plugins) have been successfully validated and are selected as 'Use' in the Plug-In Manager window, however they do not appear in my list of plugins when trying to select them to use them on my tracks. The plugins are available in both mono and stereo configurations according to the validation results, but they do not appear for either mono or stereo tracks. Please see the attached screenshots for proof of all of this.

This wasn't an issue up until recently when I used the Plug-In Manager to reset and rescan all my plugins (to try and fix another issue I thought I was having) - before this I was able to use them without any problems.

I've tried everything I can think of to try and rectify this:

• uninstall / remove the plugins from my computer and reinstall them, relaunching LPX in between
  • reset & rescan from the Plug-In manager
  • toggling off and on the 'Use' options
  • rebooting my computer

Can anyone spot something I'm overlooking?

Is there any valid reason why plugins may appear as 'successfully validated' in the Plug-In Manager but then not appear for selection on tracks?

I'm running LPX 10.5.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Thanks!

There have been a few instances of this reported here.

I know in the past, if you reset and rescan a plugin that wasn't previously validated, when it gets validated, Logic doesn't update the plugin menus, so that plugin won't be available from the menus until you relaunch Logic.

But in some cases, we've had people here have this issue with some NI plugins, where they were successfully validated and should appear in the menus, but never did. I don't think we ever found a solution or workaround, so we don't really know what's causing this behaviour. It's not plugin specific, it's something to do with the users' system, or how plugins are marked for use.

I think you've done all the normal troubleshooting steps, other than trying in a new user account, but that's a painful solution in general...

I had to get rid of my ancient Scarlett Compressor, Reverb, Gate, and EQ - AU (.component) plugins. Basically stopped working. I left the VST versions around, and just tried to use them in Studio One (5.1) and get the error "There was an error loading a resource, please re-install this software".

A re-install might "fix" things, but I doubt the ancient plugins will work on newer OS versions.

I had to get rid of my ancient Scarlett Compressor, Reverb, Gate, and EQ - AU (.component) plugins. Basically stopped working. I left the VST versions around, and just tried to use them in Studio One (5.1) and get the error "There was an error loading a resource, please re-install this software".

A re-install might "fix" things, but I doubt the ancient plugins will work on newer OS versions.

They appeared to be working fine for me (or at least I was able to open them up) in LPX up until I did the recent full 'reset and rescan'.

Also the AUs still appear to be working fine in Ableton Live 10 running on the same system.

But you're right - they're ancient now and therefore may not be operating correctly, and to be honest I probably won't be using them.

However it concerns me that, in general, there are 'successfully validated' plugins that the Plug-In Manager says I can use that are no longer appearing in the track plugin lists, with no obvious reason why, after only doing a full 'reset and rescan' with no other obvious changes to my system.

I have a lot of plugins so I haven't fully checked if any other plugins are also not appearing, which is a big concern.

Given to how frequently this issue comes up here (with many many Logic users) I don't think it's a big concern - I think it's a bug that happens for some unknown reason and hasn't seemingly affected many people.

But by all means, report it - the more info Apple have, the more they are likely to find and fix it.

Given to how frequently this issue comes up here (with many many Logic users) I don't think it's a big concern - I think it's a bug that happens for some unknown reason and hasn't seemingly affected many people.

But by all means, report it - the more info Apple have, the more they are likely to find and fix it.

What's the best way to report LPX issues to Apple?

An update on this issue - I've found a fix / workaround:

1. I went back to Logic Pro X version 10.2.4 (the oldest LPX backup I have), and in this version the plugins correctly appeared for selection in my tracks (before this I tried going back to 10.4.8 but there was no change in this version).

2. I then went into the Plug-In Manager in 10.2.4 and rescanned the previously problematic plugins, and this didn't break anything.

3. I then went back to the latest version of LPX and now the plugins correctly appear in this version.

However I'm not sure if the specific process of rescanning them in 10.2.4 fixed it or if simply opening 10.2.4 fixed it. But either way, I'm happy now and maybe this will solve the issue for others.

(FYI I tried simply updating to the new Logic Pro version 10.6 beforehand however this didn't fix the issue. I've also reported this issue and information to Apple.)

Thanks for the update.

My guess is then it's something about the way the current validation process version records the results or saves it to the cache, and presumably rescanning it in the current versions will put it back to the "hidden" state.

As long as nothing changes in that plugin (eg updates) that force a rescan, it should be good, and at least there's a workaround for people that have access to a previous Logic version.

presumably rescanning it in the current versions will put it back to the "hidden" state.

I forgot to say - I did test rescanning just the problematic plugins in the latest version again but this didn't break them this time.

However it was a rescan of all my plugins that caused the issue for me, which I haven't tried again yet.

• Like 1

I did test rescanning just the problematic plugins in the latest version again but this didn't break them this time.

Sorry - ignore this statement.

I just reopened LP and the problematic plugins had disappeared again.

I had to open version 10.2.4 again and this time I had to rescan in this version for the plugins to appear at all.

But now they're appearing in the latest version again. But I'm not going to rescan them in the latest version again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
None of my Waves plugins were showing after validation, in addition to several other workhorse plugins. This was scary, but it worked for me:

1. Delete these:

• ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64.plist
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper
    ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache
    ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64
    ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper

2. Restart Logic

Everything is currently appearing and will hopefully stay that way...

Worked for me! Thank you so much, man!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm having that experience with two plugins from KV331. They're working on it, though in my case it's something to do with the M1 architecture.

I've also first experienced this problem on my new M1 Macbook Air and Logic Pro 10.6.3, never before on my previous Intel Mac and previous Logic Pro versions. Not sure though whether the problem is related to that in my case or whether it's just a coincidence. Also, the affected plugins in my case had been successfully validated in the native M1 version of Logic Pro, i.e. not by opening Logic Pro with Rosetta, which may or may not be a relevant piece of information.

• 3 months later...

1. Delete these:

• ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64.plist

2. Restart Logic

Thanks, you made my day !

I was struggling with Arturia Analog Lab V not showing in AU Instruments.

All attempts with other workarounds failed, only this one worked. Phew...

• 11 months later...

hey guys unfortunately this didn't work for me...

I couldn't find this tho ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64.plist

I have an M1 with Logic 10.7.4, Monterrey 12.6

anyone still having this issue?? i've tried for several hours, being a pain!

Edited by Alex_oz

2 hours ago, Alex_oz said:

I couldn't find this tho 

Do you mean you don't have that file in that location, or that you couldn't locate the folder to check?

(Remember, the user's Library folder is hidden by default - in the Finder, how Option and click the Go menu, and you'll see it revealed in the list, if you're not sure how to get there.)

Although I'm on an M1 Mac, and I don't have that pref file either. (I was curious as to what was in it...) The "x86" suggests Intel-only anyway...

Edited by des99

• 5 months later...

Please tell me that the following will work !!!

I have a logic session 10.5.1 on OS 10.15.7

arturia updated and V5 is gone …the rest of the arturia collection is there . ALL the arturia plugins pass validation and say successful only V5 doesn’t show up! This is super crucial and if this is a logic /arturia issue it needs to be on both sites in BOLD letters !!!

please tell me that if I do the below as mentioned in this post I won’t ruin anything plugin wise ????? Sorry I’m right in the middle of a song and the arturia V5 was the main sound for the song ……I must have it. I can not downgrade logic …..Oh no ….

. Delete these:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64.plist 

2. Restart Logic

Everything is currently appearing and will hopefully stay that way...

• 4 months later...