Fade to Marquee Selection

logiclok

Anyone know if there is a key command that will apply a fade or a crossfade to the marquee selection. Basically, I want to swipe across the end of a region or across two abutted regions with the marquee tool then hit a key and have a fade applied. The online logic users guide seems to point to a solution, but I don't see the actual command in the Key preferences.

26170892_ScreenShot2021-01-24at9_01_59AM.thumb.png.adfd214992844e3031e906310439086e.png

• 2 years later...
On 1/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, fuzzfilth said:

How about using the Fade Tool instead of the Marquee:

fade.gif.4aef97355c3314d40a81d6d5c5ea1f03.gif

😯 How do you change the start and end point of two regions at the same time like that? I'm using a fade tool but the cursor never changes to that icon

Thank you David!

I wish it was possible with crossfading regions.

After flattening my comp folders I usually go through and refine the crossfade point, which I've sped up a bit with a macro but seems a bit slow. Maybe I need to do things the other way around. 

Just now, David Nahmani said:

It is, as long as the regions are not overlapping, as you can see on Fuzzilth's animation. Regions don't have to overlap to have a crossfade between them. 

Oh you're right! It seems after flattening the take folder all the regions work like that. I just didn't know the click zone existed, so thank you!

• Like 1