Guide for absolute beginners?

MarnelKelis

I bought Logic Pro X, I've read the guide. It is not tailored for absolute beginners. I don't even know what the jargon means. I don't know what reverb is. I don't know what distortion is. I don't know any of this vocabulary, and I don't know what you should adjust to make it sound better through headphones/speakers/etc.

Where do you go to learn the very basic terminologies and science behind quality music production? Because my ears hurt from listening to my own beats without knowing what I'm adjusting.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Edited by MarnelKelis

For one, I would warmly recommend you David's book!

His book is especially tailored for Logic's beginners.

Very well crafted, it will train you in a cohesive approach and intelligent workflow, teaching you step by step how to use Logic in a very efficient way.

David's book is presented in easy lessons, covering essential Logic features so you can discover and master them at your own pace.

The author is hosting this very board and attends same regularly and volunteer help profusely.

Many other members will also pop in to contribute if you have questions or need help.

For sonic/audio theory, besides Wikipedia there are some MOOCs that provide a wealth of knowledge taking your learning journey into better insight.

• 2 weeks later...