Logic Pro X - How to use 32-bit AU & VST plug-ins

Simon Morrison

it doesn't look so elegant tbh, you also have to manually validate and it looks works only for a few pplug-in atm.

still prefer the bidule/metaplugin solution, assigning automation expecially in bidule is a matter of seconds...

It doesn't look so elegant? If you judge based on a picture, than consider trying it before you give an opinion, its free :).

You can now Validate your plugs with a small tool included in the package ;).

If you can choose between:

- Sylenth1 + Bidule to handle the plug-in and plug-in settings, manually assigning automations to parameters. (More work)

- Sylenth1, directly from Logic with automations working. (Less work)

Definitely worth a try :)

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/logic-pro-x/860437-volt-state-sylenth1-bridge-logic-pro-x.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

32 Lives was a bit too unstable when i've got it.

they have made 4 updates in 1 week now is much more stable and it works with almost every plug-in i have.

Some of them i had to validate manually on the Logic's Audio Units Manager because the valitation at logic boot was not successfull.

unfortunately it still doesn't works with virtual instruments created with Soundquest Midiquest, for those plug-in i have to use bidule+jbridgem.

• 1 month later...

Yes! it works for me too in Logic 9. I couldn't give up my trusty VB3. No fussing around with the 32bit bridge window.

Now that it works im gonna go up to X

Worth noting that the program very simply 'converts' your 32 bit plugs to 64bit outside of logic. When you open logic the plugs appear as normal like any other plugin. magic :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just downloaded the trial version of http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives today and I'm impressed, seems great. I've tried the jbridge set up with Metaplugin as well, but so far 32 lives seems a much cleaner solution.

It's nice they decided to have a trial version available. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I see that's because it's out of beta...their intro discount price is gone too. 99 bucks now.

J.

I see that's because it's out of beta...their intro discount price is gone too. 99 bucks now.

J.

Yeah I wish I'd seen it when it was in beta and going for $69. However once I used the trial version I soon decided what the hell and bought it, took all of about half an hour of testing ;) I can now use all my 32 bit plug ins easily and it seems hassle free so far. The best thing is all my projects from Logic 9 with 32 bit plug ins open seamlessly in Logic X. I have tons of ideas in progress from Logic 9 and being able to open them up in Logic X without having to change any plug ins makes it worth the price alone. Everything seems to just work now, which is always nice! 8)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

Was reading through this thread, and downloaded the trial of 32 lives. It downloads and installs alright, but when I go to logic x there is no validation and it doesn't show in the audio units manager. Anyone have any ideas, or could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure it's something simple -- did you close and relaunch Logic - or at least try re-scanning the AU plug-ins from Logic's AU Manager?

32 Lives itself doesn't show up as a plug-in. You were correct the second time -- open it as a standalone, resurrect the plug-ins THEN start Logic and Logic should scan all the newly resurrected plugs and then they will show up as plug-ins in Logic in the expected drop down menus.

But in ANY case, if you can't solve it -- I'd advise contacting Sound Radix support -- they have been SUPER with me. I'm sure they'll sort you.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know of one software music developer.. He is getting fed up with Apple changing things.. Each updates requires him to do some hack programming.. Of course he's got no choice.. But the truth is some 3rd parties, don't have the man power, resources to rewrite code..So they fall by the wayside.. Unfortuate but tru..

• 3 years later...

Actually, use AU Lab from Apple and yes, it's free as well.

And if you make a copy of AU Lab, you can have both 64bit and 32bit as well.

This isn't just about running 32bit apps but be able to run high CPU instruments outside of Logic and not bog down Logic.

This is a cheap version of VEPro.

62175915_Au32bitMode.thumb.png.7fb9b08f169069abfc7a94d070e7d857.png

That seems like a great solution for software synths -- thanks! But I like to run an occasional 32bit EFFECTS plugin and I'm not sure this would work for that or not? But I don't need to try it because I'm still using 32 Lives which has been continually updated and still works great! The guys at SoundRadix have been FANTASTICLY responsive about keeping my stuff working. I mainly use it for Abbey Road RS124 -- which to my knowledge has never been updated and re-released by anyone in 64 bit. 32 Lives/Sound Radix to the rescue!

That seems like a great solution for software synths -- thanks! But I like to run an occasional 32bit EFFECTS plugin and I'm not sure this would work for that or not?

It does 32bit instruments and 32bit effects.

Like I mentioned before, make a copy of AU Lab and you can run 64bit in one instance and 32bit in another instance.

Did you see the free virtual audio driver as well. I use that to route audio from not just AU Lab to Logic, but standalone Kontact 5 to Logic.