The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

Great little app. Works great, but...

I'd love to see the new color showing up in LPX GUI, in realtime, as you adjust it from the Colorizer app. Rebooting LPX between every change is tedious.

Try to choose some colors and build a color palette like one would do in phootshop. Then apply these colors by selecting them from the palette or use cmd+c / cmd+v to copy paste between rows. Once you get a hang on where the elements are listed it goes quicker. At that stage I have more faith in my color changes and will hit the Colorize button for logic to reflect many of them at once. 

Thanx for the Cmd-c/ Cmd-v tip, I was not aware of that one... 

I had figured out the palette's approach already, but the problem is that some (many actually) of the items to be colorized are not that obvious to figure out which one is which among the myriad listed. The colors squares samples displayed in the app are helpful, but when the chosen color is applied to a large surface (or on a tiny one), the overal result is not as expected. It then becomes an act of art, which takes many hit-and-miss attempts (and time), I guess. However, Colorizer is definitely a great app, which is really indispensable for customizing LPX GUI colors.

Try to choose some colors and build a color palette like one would do in phootshop. Then apply these colors by selecting them from the palette or use cmd+c / cmd+v to copy paste between rows. Once you get a hang on where the elements are listed it goes quicker. At that stage I have more faith in my color changes and will hit the Colorize button for logic to reflect many of them at once. 

Thanx for the Cmd-c/ Cmd-v tip, I was not aware of that one... 

I had figured out the palette's approach already, but the problem is that some (many actually) of the items to be colorized are not that obvious to figure out which one is which among the myriad listed. The colors squares samples displayed in the app are helpful, but when the chosen color is applied to a large surface (or on a tiny one), the overal result is not as expected. It then becomes an act of art, which takes many hit-and-miss attempts (and time), I guess. However, Colorizer is definitely a great app, which is really indispensable for customizing LPX GUI colors.

Indeed it can take some time if you want to revamp the whole interface colours. I was thinking, a batch colorize option could be a nice feature to implement. Instead of having a whole list, this option would group together relevant graphic items one would want to be the exact same colour. Let's say you have chosen 10 colours that you like (your new color palette) and then you only have to distribute these colours across a list of 10 elements. Hot or not?

I also want to confess that I am the developer behind this app. I first did not want to reveal it because was thinking it should be done under another "Creationauts" profile, and felt that promoting your own app is kind of sad (much like when one likes his own facebook post , no offense). But I have changed my mind, let's just be transparent and bond together. Since you guys are sharing very valuable insights, the least I can do is to let you know your posts are not falling on deaf ears. I'm sorry if I have come across as anything else, now you know. :)

Indeed it can take some time if you want to revamp the whole interface colours. I was thinking, a batch colorize option could be a nice feature to implement. Instead of having a whole list, this option would group together relevant graphic items one would want to be the exact same colour. Let's say you have chosen 10 colours that you like (your new color palette) and then you only have to distribute these colours across a list of 10 elements. Hot or not?

Definitely! Anything to simplify the process and decrease the amount of Logic's reboot cycles would be greatly appreciated!

I also want to confess that I am the developer behind this app.

I had guessed it, since I had noticed on Creationauts' website that it is located in Montreal, as you are (and I)...

I first did not want to reveal it because was thinking it should be done under another "Creationauts" profile, and felt that promoting your own app is kind of sad (much like when one likes his own facebook post , no offense).

Is'nt that what pretty much every app vendors are doing (self promoting their product via advertisement)?

But I have changed my mind, let's just be transparent and bond together. Since you guys are sharing very valuable insights, the least I can do is to let you know your posts are not falling on deaf ears.

I think that having direct contact with the app producer is simply great! As it provides a support opportunity that is getting (sadly) rare nowadays...  

I'm sorry if I have come across as anything else, now you know. :)

No offense taken, really!

Howdy,

The latest update of the LPX Colorizer is out and features the Import/Export theme features @Dewdman42. 

@Atlas007 thanks for your message. I am working on the Batch Colorize function, will implement that in the next update. 

I have also created a new facebook group, for people to discuss about the Colorizer : 

LPX Colorizer Group

warm regards

A greeting to everyone, I have just registered but I have been following the forum for many years. English is not my language: I hope you will forgive some of my mistakes. As you can read in my signature, I'm stuck at Yosemite and Logic 10.2.4. That's because my system is stable. I have installed on another HD El Capitain and Logic 10.3.2. I'm doing tests and it seems okay. But I do not really like the new GUI and I would like to change at least the image of the pan knobs as they are in Logic 10.2.4 (both in the mixer and in the left side of the main window). I tried copying and pasting images that I thought were the pan knobs (5 Knobs…) found in this folder

Logic X Pro-Contents-Frameworks-MAResources.framework>-Versions-A-Resources

but nothing changed. How can I do? Where can I find the right pictures? Thanks in advance

Hi , LPX Colorizer will not support changing image colours in Logic Pro 10.2 and below, because the bundle of images is built from the 10.3 new flat design.  

@swimmer 53  what you have done should work as long as the images have the exact same name. If you are sure the images of Logic pro 10.2 are the real counterpart in Logic 10.3, rename them with the 10.3 name. 

Other possibility is that you have not copied the proper images. 

Whatever you do , make a backup of the resource folders if you haven't already.

good luck

• 5 weeks later...

@swimmer53 have you looked at the many ready-made Themes for 10.2.4. and 10.3.2?

You just copy the files into your Resources contents folder (after backing it up).

You can probably find something you like. And you can do partial changes too by using images and/or editing the .plist.

These here are donation-ware, you can Paypal a few euros and e-mail him to request the ones you want.

https://logicxcasoriathemes.jimdo.com/

These are priced at 15-20 Euros.

http://logicproxthemes.blogspot.com/

Hi Fernand, some days ago I contacted Franco Casoria and bought a couple of themes from him and I got help to modify some of the 10.3.2 things that I did not like very much. Something went out, in the middle between 10.2.4 and 10.3.2 but it works, at least for me. Thanks for your help...

Yes, with 10.3 Apple made changes. The overall default look of Logic was IMHO improved, but they dropped some of the most customizable and attractive features of the GUI, like being able to use gradients, e.g. on the mixer background. This ruined the aesthetics of some of the themes. Franco had to redesign them using "flat" backgrounds. I like the 10.2.4 themes far more.

BTW, as you've noticed, he's very receptive to suggestions and ideas for new designs, and if you work with him he'll even make you what you want.

• 2 months later...

HI,

baseBrightness

baseSaturation

brightnessDiff

saturationDiff

These controls are HSB color settings for the Color palette and how dark the shade of the original top color will be ( or bright). Unfortunately, these settings take effect on the whole palette and cannot be tailored to every color. With this settings, you can bring back the black / grey / white colors but that will be the only colors you would get as they repeat on each column.

Its the characteristic of HSB settings that apply here. If only apple could change them to RGB colors...

To get an additional row just raise the number of groups below brightnessDiff.

best.

• 3 weeks later...