Post your suggestions here

David Nahmani

This forum is a selection of carefully curated Logic Pro videos that I have personally found useful: producer interviews, making of, tutorials, etc.

Feel free to reply to this topic to suggest your own links to Logic Pro videos you've found useful. Thanks!

I wonder why you don't make tutorials?

So we can expect some cool tutorials from you in the future ? :D :roll:

When you say tutorials, do you mean video tutorials? I'm not a huge fan of the medium, so I was thinking more of writing articles for the tutorials section of this synth, but who knows maybe one day I'll end up just making videos.

So we can expect some cool tutorials from you in the future ? :D :roll:

When you say tutorials, do you mean video tutorials? I'm not a huge fan of the medium, so I was thinking more of writing articles for the tutorials section of this synth, but who knows maybe one day I'll end up just making videos.

Yes I was thinking about Logic Pro X Video tutorials, maybe like your E-book logic manual/ tutorial as video for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've gone from zero knowledge of anything DAW-related 18 months ago to a fair amount - relative to zero, at least! What's made that possible more than anything is the following:

1. David Nahmani's books (10.4 and 10.5) These were the way in for me. I must have completed each of them at least twice :-)
  2. macprovideo.com - I can't recommend this website highly enough for really getting to know Logic inside and out. Just an amazing selection of Logic materials on here. The stand-out educators for me are probably Joshua Carney (aka MusicTechHelpGuy), Joe Albano, Booker Edwards, Rishabh Rajan, David Earl, and Steve Horelick. Nearly every single Logic plug-in and synth are explained in detail on here by someone or other and there are courses dedicated exclusively to Live Loops, the Step Sequencer, Smart Tempo, Flex Editing, MIDI, and so on. 
  3. groove3.com has a fantastic range of materials for producing, mixing and mastering using Logic Pro - and some great courses on some of the plug-ins too (Sampler, Quick Sampler, Retro Synth, Alchemy, the MIDI FX...) Laurence Holcombe is my personal favorite, and Eli Krantzberg has also done a lot of useful Logic stuff.
  4. for YouTube materials, I've found MusicTechHelpGuy (Joshua Carney) and whylogicprorules (Chris Vandeviver) to be really engaging and inspiring.
  5. Udemy also do some Logic courses which are really quite nice for novices. These may not be as in-depth as what you would find on groove3 or macprovideo, but are arguably less daunting when you really are new to DAWs. The website is nearly always having sales, so do not buy a course unless it's on sale. The price difference is significant. 

Anyway, hope this might be of value to anyone who happens to read this and finds themselves in a situation similar to mine 18 months ago! 

All the best, Logic users.

• Like 3