3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

Yeah i could pick up one of the others, which one shall i do?

Whatever ur favorite is -  maybe one of these 

Prophet V3

Jup-8 V3

Farfisa V

I may be on to something -  Is it true>?  Ableton and Logic presets can be inter-shared>?   If so-  I see someone  loading presets with Ableton Push too. 

Yeah if they're aupresets they can be shared, chances are they'll be abletons own format though?

Attached Farfisa V:-

Farfisa V.zip

I can get the presets copying via aulab, just tried doing Jup-8 though, and the patch loading can be slow on some patches which is throwing the script out, i'll try more on Monday as i should have a spare machine that i can just leave doing these slowly (more reliably).

Someone say in the meantime if i should categorise them (bass/lead etc.) or just ok in one big folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Arturia V2 stuff posted here, alongside a lot of other plugins.

I'm currently doing the D50 plugin, with *all* the CultofD50.org sysex archive in Logic format.

When that's done I'll take a look at modifying my scripts and re-outputing the newer Arturia V3 stuff. You don't really want to do this stuff manually for anything over about 50 patches - automated is the way to do it to stay sane!

d50.png.ad08c1eebfacc1a55269b67a16c09ba3.png

Roland D50

All 6 banks of presets, and then as separate archives, the CultofD50.org D50 syx archive (over 20,000 D50 patches!) and the Carl Johnson banks also hosted there.

The big archive is organised in the same way as the syx archive, although many obvious duplicates have been removed. You may want to re-organise in the way that best makes sense to you. The archive includes basically every D50 patch ever uploaded the internet! (not including current commercial banks, of course.) all converted from SYX to BIN files for the plugin (using difficultAUDIO D50 Syx to Bin Conversion), and then resaved out as individual .aupreset files.

The patch names have the position (eg: B-7) included in the filename, mainly because some banks have sounds with duplicate filenames. If you prefer to remove these, any generic renamer tool can easily strip these off - though you'll have to handle filename collisions in these cases.

Presets: D50 Plugin Presets (1.6 Mb zip)

CultofD50 Archive: CultofD50 Archive (116.8 Mb zip)

Carl Johnson: Carl Johnson Banks (547 Kb zip)

This was a *big* task!

Thanks, yep it took the best part of a week on and off.

I'd get the script solid and after a while I couldn't work out why it was getting unreliable and failing - what was happening is that as more and more aupresets were added, every time you opened the patch menu in Logic to save it, Logic was taking longer and longer to scan the directories and then open the menu. So I'd keep having to slow the script down over time to keep it working.

So, a little tip on big conversions - keep moving the bulk of patches out of the presets folder while converting, and put them back when you are done - Logic is much faster that way!

Yeah i could pick up one of the others, which one shall i do?

Actually-   I may bow out,  the names don't even load into Logics AUpreset window.  I found an old program - do the names load for you after you choose a preset>?

There's usually a way to get the patch names. I just looked at eg the Prophet V3, and I can get the patch names out of that.

I think part of the reason I didn't do the V3 instruments up to now is that they come with their own tagged browser which is decent enough, so exporting to a fixed folder scheme seems a fair amount of work for not much return... same reason as I wouldn't want to do things like the Spectrasonics stuff, or the u-he stuff etc...

• 2 weeks later...
I did the Arturia V2 stuff posted here, alongside a lot of other plugins.

I'm currently doing the D50 plugin, with *all* the CultofD50.org sysex archive in Logic format.

When that's done I'll take a look at modifying my scripts and re-outputing the newer Arturia V3 stuff. You don't really want to do this stuff manually for anything over about 50 patches - automated is the way to do it to stay sane!

That would be great!

What instrument would you like to start with..?

Thanks for asking! :) My preference in order would be ...

1. Mini V
  2. Modular V
  3. Prophet V
  4. B-3 V
  5. Stage-73 V
  6. Piano V
  7. Wurli V
  8. Jup-8 V
  9. ARP 2600 V
  10. CS-80 V
  11. VOX Continental V
  12. Matrix-12 V
  13. Farfisa V
  14. Solina V
  15. SEM V
  16. Synclavier V
  17. Analog Lab  

• 2 weeks later...
Noted! :)

Just acquired on sale AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4 on sale and the preset in this topic are dated and not functioning on current version nor do they match with the preset titles - I assume its been updated since then.

Also acquired Acoustic Samples B-5 V2 and noticed they are not listed in this topic either.

I realize I can manually save them but if those who have experience running scripts to create this much appreciated.

We can generally only do this for instruments we own, and I personally do not have either of those two plugins. If it's only 20 or 30 presets, it's usually not too much trouble to do them manually. Otherwise, you'll need to get your hands dirty with macro scripting, or hope one of us Keyboard Maestros' has those plugins and will do them...

Just acquired on sale AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4 on sale and the preset in this topic are dated and not functioning on current version nor do they match with the preset titles - I assume its been updated since then.

Also acquired Acoustic Samples B-5 V2 and noticed they are not listed in this topic either.

I realize I can manually save them but if those who have experience running scripts to create this much appreciated.

I think I can do an updated version for the AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4 presets.

Stay tuned, I'll be back, ideally within few days.

We can generally only do this for instruments we own, and I personally do not have either of those two plugins. If it's only 20 or 30 presets, it's usually not too much trouble to do them manually. Otherwise, you'll need to get your hands dirty with macro scripting, or hope one of us Keyboard Maestros' has those plugins and will do them...

Understood - yeah they are well over 20 or 30 to do manually. Yeah hoping one of you Keyboard Maestros have those plugins and might already have done/been doing them for their own use they could share.

I think I can do an updated version for the AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4 presets.

Stay tuned, I'll be back, ideally within few days.

Merci, merci. Look forward to it and thanks for the heads up.

Here is an updated version of the AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) Lounge Lizard EP-4's library converted to aupresets.

Those are to be uncompressed/installed into the following path:

[Main volume HD] > Users > [username] > Library > Audio > Presets > Applied Acoustics Systems > [plugin name] >

Lounge Lizard EP-4.zip

Edited by Atlas007

Here are the updated version of the AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) Chromaphone 2's library converted to aupresets.

To be uncompressed/installed into the following path:

[Main volume HD] > Users > [username] > Library > Audio > Presets > Applied Acoustics Systems > [plugin name] >

Factory.zip

Edited by Atlas007

Here is the updated version of the AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) String Studio VS-2's library converted to aupresets.

To be uncompressed/installed into the following path:

String Studio VS-2 Factory.zip

Edited by Atlas007

Here are the updated versions of the AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) Ultra Analog VA-2's libraries converted to aupresets. 

WebComLibrary AAS 2011-08-03.zip

In order to be useful, these presets requires the installation of the downloaded soundbank from the AAS website.

UA VA-2 Factory.zip

Edited by Atlas007

Here is an updated version of the AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) Lounge Lizard EP-4's library converted to aupresets.

You move quickly - work like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Ugh I just started to manually save some of the presets wiith Acoustic Samples B-5 V2  and I noticed the load really slowly - like 8 seconds - when I use logic library but they go quick when I use the plugin gui preset arrows which is not convenient for me.

Acoustic Samples said this is because Logic Library reloads the plugin every time I change preset - but this seems strange to me as I have a lot of plugins - UAD, Toontrack, Native Instruments, Arturia, and also other UVI player (Acoustic Samples B-5 uses UVI player) libraries load quickly in Logic Browser.

Any thoughts?

How are you saving? As a Patch or as an aupreset plugin settings file? 

This is a UVI Workstation library I think, yes? I did some tests with the Digital Synsations library in UVI Workstation and aupreset plugin settings recall just as quickly as internal to the plugin.

How are you saving? As a Patch or as an aupreset plugin settings file? 

This is a UVI Workstation library I think, yes? I did some tests with the Digital Synsations library in UVI Workstation and aupreset plugin settings recall just as quickly as internal to the plugin.

Yeah just saving as aupreset manually by clicking save as in the plugin drop-down and typing in the name.

Its  actually developed by Acoustic Samples and yes built to be used with the UVI Workstation. Yes I have Digital Synsations and the Grand Piano in UVI Workstattion and the Library Presets load fine. I also manually saved them by hand.

One odd thing is they have two preset drop-down's in the gui - one for the lower and one for upper keyboard. Never seen that before. But clicking through them in the gui - no problem loading the presets quickly. Just the logic library.