Modulator Channel Strip

I'll post the settings later today but here's a preview of what you can do with this.

As I mention, even though I show I can control 32 parameters, create the addition Channel Strip settings to support 16 MIDI channels and now you can control up to 256 parameters on any effect/instrument, this includes audio/midi tracks as well.

You can eventually MIDI record and after that, turn off all the Modulators and just use the record MIDI to now control the parameters, up to 32 or if you create the additional Channel Strip settings, 256.

Technically you can just MIDI record groups as you go along just using the existing 2 Channel Strip settings.

Example, MIDI record 32 parameters, then change to different parameters, 32 in total and MIDI record, now you have 64 parameters that your controlling but thru a capture MIDI recorded regions.

Okay, this is 16 Modulators being sent but it's actually 32 streams, one half is LFO and the other half is ENV.

In a normal keyboard playing thru MIDI way, using all 16 MIDI channels wouldn't be an issue, but because the Modulator is sending so much data, there's going to be an issue with how much data I can send over a single IAC

I'm going to test for what that limit is.

I don't think this is a factor but I'm doing all this on my MacMini M1.

So everything is contained in the attached Logic Pro project.

The elements can also be inserted into existing projects as well.

In order to use the Channel Strip settings, 1 or all 8 of them in other Logic projects, just save the Channel Strip settings to your default location using Logic to do that.

SaveAs.png.9b07ffd58195554d45f83869eff55285.png

To use the one of the Enviroment Layers specific for the Modulator, you'd have to import the Layer into your existing Logic project. (The video shows that)

Here's a video how to create a fresh Logic Project using the elements from the ModulatorSetup project

You can work with only LFO from the Modulator or both LFO and ENV from the Modulator.

One thing I found out is, the ENV that is applied to the LFO within Modulator, can be set separately from the LFO data as well. So one parameter on an effect/instrument can get the full LFO with ENV processed yet, another parameter on a effect/instrument can get the same ENV, but only the ENV, minus the LFO.

UPDATE: I've delete the Logic Project here but check below for the updated Logic Project.

Edited by ValliSoftware

So I added another set of Parameter Map layers, but these will have it's reached value adjusted to the original CC.

So now you don't need to Monitor a parameter to get it's Fader value settings.

Now you can use the Modifier MIDIFX and learn a plug-in parameter and set the incoming CC to the CC you're wanting the parameter to modulate too.

In the Parameter Map layer, you just have to cable to the effect/instrument only.

The original Parameter Maps are still there so you'll see a total of 8 layers.

The ones adjusted back to it's original CC are labeled ending with "CC"

ModulatorSetup.zip