➤ Help answer these new questions!
 
User avatar
Totigerus
Topic Author
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 am

Any tips? Any patches? I have little idea what the H3000 actually does, besides make stuff sound cool. 8-)
Ensemble---->Delay--->Reverb--->Pitch Shifter---> I'm shooting in the dark here :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.57.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.57.18 AM.png (474.49 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
iMac (21.5 inch, Mid 2011) running OS 10.13.6
Logic 10.4.8
Reason 10.4.1d4
Apogee Duet FW (first gen)
M-Audio Venom
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Roland TD-17
M-Audio Studiophile BX8
soundcloud.com/tonymarzthemusician
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 5393
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:52 am

Well, there's little that holds you back. You can stack up effects in Logic in series and/or in parallel pretty much to your liking. However, if you aren't familiar with the H3000's architecture there's not much point in trying to emulate it since you don't know what you're actually looking/listening for. But then, you're free to not lock into that groove.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10579
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Totigerus wrote:
Any tips? Any patches? I have little idea what the H3000 actually does, besides make stuff sound cool. 8-)
Ensemble---->Delay--->Reverb--->Pitch Shifter---> I'm shooting in the dark here :mrgreen:
Could you be more specific in terms of sonic qualities?
:idea: Attaching a sound sample of what you’re looking for could be a good idea…
Last edited by Atlas007 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LogicPro 10.7.2, MainStage 3.5.4
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
User avatar
Totigerus
Topic Author
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:51 pm

I'm not sure how to illustrate what I'm looking for other than to say "can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?
I like the doublers/slappy/eccho stuff for vocals and the harmonizer type stuff for synths and guitars. I've always liked the Ozzy vocal harmonizer type sound, but I've never received positive proof of what gear Ozzy actually uses, only speculations.
I was buying the subscription bundle five years ago and I was relying on a few of Eventide's presets, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of any of them. :(
iMac (21.5 inch, Mid 2011) running OS 10.13.6
Logic 10.4.8
Reason 10.4.1d4
Apogee Duet FW (first gen)
M-Audio Venom
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Roland TD-17
M-Audio Studiophile BX8
soundcloud.com/tonymarzthemusician
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 5393
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Totigerus wrote:
can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?

Oh. And I thought you were referring to the 2500.- hardware unit...
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
User avatar
Atlas007
Posts: 10579
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Totigerus wrote:
I'm not sure how to illustrate what I'm looking for other than to say "can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?
I like the doublers/slappy/eccho stuff for vocals and the harmonizer type stuff for synths and guitars. I've always liked the Ozzy vocal harmonizer type sound, but I've never received positive proof of what gear Ozzy actually uses, only speculations.
I was buying the subscription bundle five years ago and I was relying on a few of Eventide's presets, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of any of them. :(
So, you are looking for Ozzy's voice type of effect?
I'd venture that is achieved by doubling, hard panning and slightly delaying from one another, each side with proper EQing to emphasis a certain range of desired harmonics.
That is somehow like creating a Unison fx (chorus) on a voice signal.
Of course adding a little echo and reverb is most likely part of that jumble as well.
LogicPro 10.7.2, MainStage 3.5.4
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear
 
User avatar
Totigerus
Topic Author
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Atlas007 wrote:
Totigerus wrote:
I'm not sure how to illustrate what I'm looking for other than to say "can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?
I like the doublers/slappy/eccho stuff for vocals and the harmonizer type stuff for synths and guitars. I've always liked the Ozzy vocal harmonizer type sound, but I've never received positive proof of what gear Ozzy actually uses, only speculations.
I was buying the subscription bundle five years ago and I was relying on a few of Eventide's presets, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of any of them. :(
So, you are looking for Ozzy's voice type of effect?
I'd venture that is achieved by doubling, hard panning and slightly delaying from one another, each side with proper EQing to emphasis a certain range of desired harmonics.
That is somehow like creating a Unison fx (chorus) on a voice signal.
Of course adding a little echo and reverb is most likely part of that jumble as well.

...and when you say "doubling" you mean recording two separate performances right? ....and not just copying and pasting the same track twice right?
iMac (21.5 inch, Mid 2011) running OS 10.13.6
Logic 10.4.8
Reason 10.4.1d4
Apogee Duet FW (first gen)
M-Audio Venom
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Roland TD-17
M-Audio Studiophile BX8
soundcloud.com/tonymarzthemusician
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 5393
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:04 pm

'Doubling' as in 'creating a copy of the signal, delaying it by a slight amount (10-20ms), and irregularly modulating the delay time slightly which results in a copy with the slight pitch deviations very reminiscent of the sound of actual double tracking.'

All of this in realtime with, say, the Modulation Delay plugin.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1