String synth patches (Channel Strips)

I have tried to emulate the sound of the ensemble circuits of the string synths of the 70's with Logic plug-ins. The Ensemble plug-in can get you some of the way there but this method of using three Mod delays can get really close. These were made in LPX. I wanted to use separate busses like it should really be done using summing stacks but I can't get X to keep the correct settings. The CST settings work well though. Have fun and please share any improvements you may make. I would love to hear them.

Stringy.zip

• 7 months later...

+1

This may help get you started with this, but it would be nice to get some additional help concerning if this is the best way to do it, or not ...

Also, i'm pretty much a Noob when it comes to Logic… but here's what I did and was able to get some success…

Actually, I downloaded this folder with the .cst files quite a while ago, and initially could not utilize them and you reminded me :idea: , however… after doing some research.. the ".cst" files are called "channel strip settings" files.

I found out where a lot of the other .cst files were kept and moved the whole folder there,

(That location was this; " user/Library/Application support/Logic/channel strip settings/Instrument/10 Orchestral/Stringy )… actually I renamed "Stringy" to "11 Stringy" to follow the convention used in that folder…

Anyway, I recall I was not able to find them at first, and then forgot about it but, until today I opened up Logic, created a software instrument and just went to the search field at the top of the Library pane and typed in one of the violin file names.. I used "ELKA" and bang-o, up came the 3 files that have that name in them. Then I found where they all were located.

Look in Legacy / Logic / 10 Orchestral / and see all the 11 Stringy files right there :!:

Note; it's possible you may have to restart Logic for them to show up ?

BTW, these Stringy sounds IMO, sound more synthy than Stringy to me, but may be handy sometime.

So, I hope this helps.

I've learned so much from this forum with reading all the daily posts and just wanted to help somebody else, if I could…

Good Luck