New compressor models in Logic 10.1

Hi all

i'm loving the new compressor GUI and features in the 10.1 update. Also love the new SSL G model they've added. I've attached presets based on my guess (from the colour of the GUI and other factors) as to what hardware model they are each based on with some basic settings you might start-off with for each.

SSL G (vintage VCA)

dbx 160 (classic VCA)

Focusrite Red (studio VCA)

1176 (studio FET)

1176 RevA (vintage FET)

LA-2A (opto)

Digital (Platinum)

I've attached a file with the new compressor models based on their hardware equivalents with some basic settings that are appropriate for what they might be used for. I've put them in the factory folder...HD-library-application support-logic-plug-in settings-compressor

Best wishes

Patrick

07 Compressors by Model.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually this one is wrong... 1176 Rev A (Vintage FET)

It's very much more likely the similar, but more boutique, Urei 1178. Which is pretty much the stereo version of the 1176, anyway. Logic's skeuomorphic design even reflects this.

Fig_7.png

Urei-1178-Front.-2.png

The Rev A, has a very obvious blue stripe. In fact it is affectionally known by many as the Blue Stripe model. Notice that Logic lacks any blue stripe elements in its design. It also lacks the differences in the controllers, on the Input and Output and the VU meter is not as "orange" as the 1178. But really the big give away is lacking any kind of blue element whatsoever.

urei-1176-blue-stripe-rev-b-front.jpg

None of this matters too much, it still is in effect a 1176, but instead of it being an older design it's a more modern refined design built for stereo use. The 1176's were mono only. Not that anyone really knows for sure.