Korg M1 Magic Organ patch?

Hi!

I guess some of us are quite fed up with the Magic Organ sound that came along with the M1 synth. ☺️However, I'm young enough to have a personal renaissance with these sort of overexposed sounds, to put them in new contexts (since they can serve cool purposes).

However, how do I find this preset as a plugin? I got the Korg M1 soft synth from the Legacy collection, but I can't seem to find this specific sound. Can anyone help out?

I couldn't find it, however - I do have this spreadsheet with 18 of the cards indexed, with patch name and a brief description. The description for patch 21 on Card 01, is interesting.  I put the spreadsheet together when I was indexing the patches into au presets for Logic.  The content, was provided from other posts... I just put it into the spreadsheet.  The auinstruments (and they're posted in the mega thread on au instruments), put all of these into Logic's browser.  Anyway - posting the spreadsheet as it might be helpful for others with the M1 soft synth.

atb

joe

M1 Preset Descriptions.xlsx.zip

I couldn't find it, however - I do have this spreadsheet with 18 of the cards indexed, with patch name and a brief description. The description for patch 21 on Card 01, is interesting.  I put the spreadsheet together when I was indexing the patches into au presets for Logic.  The content, was provided from other posts... I just put it into the spreadsheet.  The auinstruments (and they're posted in the mega thread on au instruments), put all of these into Logic's browser.  Anyway - posting the spreadsheet as it might be helpful for others with the M1 soft synth.

atb

joe

M1 Preset Descriptions.xlsx.zip

That's great! ☺️

I actually found it two hours ago in the Legacy collection. However it doesn't really sound exactly the same. I don't have a demo of it right now, from the soft synth, but here is the real thing anyhow:

http://www.synthmania.com/Korg%20M1/Audio/Factory%20preset%20examples/Programs/70%20MagicOrgan.mp3

I've always thought that digital is digital. That is: if I play a sound on a digital hardware synth and find the same exact one in a soft synth emulation, it will sound the same. However, from comparing and playing the DX7 and comparing it to emulations of it, I don't think they sound the same. Of course many aspects should be taken in consideration here. My DX7 is old. Small glitches from old hardware might sound different from indestructible soft synths. Anyone techsavvy enough to tell me if there is such a thing as difference between digital and digital?