Bus Settings 2 Save CPU Usage?

TheKushite

LPH,

I have a tune I'm using 27 vocal tracks on (as well as the instruments)  and am running into CPU issues which I shouldn't with the machine I have and the memory gigs. 

I've used an avg. of 9 - 11 plug ins on each vocal track (which I'm sure is the reason for the cras during play back). 

My question is this - 1) would setting up a bus that holds these plug-ins and running the vox track through it free up the space and minimize the usage? 

2) If so how would I set that up?  

I think I'm using way to much CPU and working LPX much harder than I have to, thoughts...suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

1004092460_VoxTrackChanStrips.jpg.74b2fdbf0e0bcc52b44f05754062ef70.jpg

The best solution that I have found is "bounce in place."  This will generate an audio track that corresponds to a particular track.  It will then insert this track directly below the bounce-in-place (BIP) target, and mute the original.

The process of generating a BIP audio-track, of course, is "off-line," not "real time," so the source track can be as computationally intensive as it needs to be: the computer is now free to take "more than one second" to produce "one second" of final audio.  Once the audio track has been computed and put in place, it takes a trivial amount of computer power to "just play it back."  But, the audio results will be the same.

It is obvious that Logic's designers anticipated that these "off-line computation" features would be used a lot, so they made them very available and very easy to use.

• 6 months later...
there's no reason at all to have a reverb on every channel, you could sort that down to probably 2 or 3 depending on the different types of reverbs needed for lead vs bkg vocals, then some of the other plug-ins in the chain seem quite redundant... and quite processor intensive... I can assure you that with ZERO outside sources and only 5 to 6 total plug-ins you can achieve the same audio quality!! Plug-ins are not the answer to quality tracks!! knowing how to work with every control and setting is!! I promise that there is a much faster and much easier way to mix than that...

• 3 weeks later...
I think I'm using way to much CPU and working LPX much harder than I have to, thoughts...suggestions?

Doesn't the JJP Vocals plugin already do most of what all those plugins do? And why do you have a Direction Mixer plugin on a Mono track when you can simply use the Pan knob to accurately pan the track?

Edited by anp27