Alchemy preset for FM Synthesis

Hey guys! :)

Once again, here I am sharing some stuff with my LPH family!

This time, I have a preset I prepared for you all so you can explore Alchemy beyond the "default" synthesis (VA, Additive, etc). Maybe some of you know, some don't, that you can also use FM Synthesis in Alchemy and in a very complex and creative way.

Download the following file, put the preset on your Alchemy folder (username > Music > Audio Music Apps > Plug-In Settings > Alchemy) and open it. Inside the folder I'm sharing, there's a text file with all the details about this preset so you can understand how it works and how you can get the most out of it.

Feel free to leave comments if something doesn't work for you or anything! :)

Alchemy - FM default.zip

That is excellent sir!

Very simple while still unveiling the astounding power under Alchemy's hood.

I am not too found on synth sound crafting, but shortly after following your clear and short instructions, it soon became very enticing! Twiddling knobs here and there, and the magic happens. Great fun I had!

Thank you very much!

That is excellent sir!

Very simple while still unveiling the astounding power under Alchemy's hood.

I am not too found on synth sound crafting, but shortly after following your clear and short instructions, it soon became very enticing! Twiddling knobs here and there, and the magic happens. Great fun I had!

Thank you very much!

:) so glad to know that! And you're welcome. It's always a pleasure to share presets and all that.

And yes, Alchemy is such a powerful beast that sometimes some users underestimate it, just because there are so many options out there, most of them being "trends" (like Serum, for example). I tried Serum and as much as I thought it was a great synth, I guess everyone is putting it on a category as if there's nothing else out there as good as...

Sure, there are features that are unique to it, but that only makes it good at it. Alchemy is capable of FM, Additive, Granular, VA, Spectral and a Sampler. It comes with 4 oscillators, 3 filters per oscillator, plus 2 main filters, sequencers, arpeggiators, effects, almost endless modulation, the perform panel to morph sounds... That's pretty much 6 synths in 1. And for the price of buying Logic, we get this beast?? :P Not to mention all the other goodies, and the amount of samples, presets and loops.

I really love playing with sounds, creating crazy sounds. Not to be different, because I actually end up not even using those sounds in my music, but just for the pleasure of messing around with textures and the capabilities of a synth and Alchemy is an endless resource of craziness :P

If you have time to explore Alchemy more and more, one section at a time, I guess you will find it very interesting :)