Save smart control mapping/ LFO mapping with channel strip settings.

I have a question that I think is best broken down into a few parts. I have posted all parts of the question here because it gives some context as to why I want to do each part.

1a. I would like to control multiple plugin parameters with a single (software) control. (I think smart controls might be the way forward here)?

1b. I would also like to control multiple plugin perimeters with an LFO, such as that in the audio fx ‘modulator’ plugin?

1c. I like to save ‘racks’ or combinations of audio fx plugins as aux tracks, I know you can do this by ‘ saving the channel strip setting’, however I would also like to save any control mapping as per the above questions.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation. Thanks in advance!

Smart Controls mappings are saved only within a patch. Channelstrip settings will not include the Smart Comtrols mappings.

I have a question that I think is best broken down into a few parts. I have posted all parts of the question here because it gives some context as to why I want to do each part.
Good idea!

1a. I would like to control multiple plugin parameters with a single (software) control. (I think smart controls might be the way forward here)?
Yes, that is what I would do. However, there could be another simpler approach: Sends/Bus/Aux). But that would probably offer less flexibility.

1b. I would also like to control multiple plugin perimeters with an LFO, such as that in the audio fx ‘modulator’ plugin?
Perhaps the Modulator MIDI Fx could be your ticket.

1c. I like to save ‘racks’ or combinations of audio fx plugins as aux tracks, I know you can do this by ‘ saving the channel strip setting’, however I would also like to save any control mapping as per the above questions.
As mentionned above, you should use patches instead of Channelstrip settings. Besides Smart Control mappings, patches allows you (via summing stack) to save a group of channelstrips, which is likely what you need.

re 1c. That's great, thanks so much for your reply. It sounds like I need to do a bit of research on saving patches.

re 1b. I had meant to write midi fx modulator rather than audio fx modulator, sorry. It is certainly possible to use the LFO here to control a single plugin parameter, but to control multiple seems a little trickier.

Plenty to go on here though, I'll have another play and see how far I get.

Thanks again