Beat Repeat emulation

For those of you who sometimes need that beat repeat vibe (similar to Note Repeat, but without doing it in real time), here's my workaround, using 7 Modifiers and 1 Arp. You need some kind of controller with pads that send CC messages in order for this to work.

Hope it's useful. Let me know if you have any questions and have fun!

UPDATE: I spent the day looking at Scripter and I found another way, with just 1 Scripter instance, instead of 7 Modifiers. Download it here: 3ple - Beat Repeat (Scripter).zip

3ple-BeatRepeatScripter.thumb.png.24499a7646fc9612baa61ce6df202706.png

Download: 3ple - Beat Repeat.zip

3ple-beat-repeat.thumb.png.930c3602682b74f833668c7431acc1f5.png

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This is really cool! Is there a way to make the pads work only when pressed and held down though? I just watched a Fred Again video of him using a Maschine and the note repeat only works when pressed and held down, would like to emulate that somehow.

• 5 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 11:54 PM, anp27 said:

This is really cool! Is there a way to make the pads work only when pressed and held down though? I just watched a Fred Again video of him using a Maschine and the note repeat only works when pressed and held down, would like to emulate that somehow.

Sorry, I don't use the 3ple account anymore and for some reason I didn't get the notification for your reply. I haven't used this for a long time, so I don't remember how it works, to be honest...

Maybe using NoteOn and NoteOff in the scripter, but I would have to look into it again