3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

Repro-1_v1.1_synth_625x379.jpg.440f786f881cc7bb0766e97c7c8145f5.jpg

Repro-5_v1.1_synth_625x376.jpg.6ad2e867d029ee7d28eaf9981c002818.jpg

u-he Repro

Presets from Repro 1 and Repro 5

Download: Repro1.zip 

(2.7MB archive, 6.3MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Repro-1/ (that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Download: Repro5.zip 

(3.8MB archive, 7.2MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Repro-5/ (that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Enjoy!

Repro-1_v1.1_synth_625x379.jpg

Repro-5_v1.1_synth_625x376.jpg

u-he Repro

Presets from Repro 1 and Repro 5

Download: Repro1.zip 

(2.7MB archive, 6.3MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Repro-1/ (that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Download: Repro5.zip 

(3.8MB archive, 7.2MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Repro-5/ (that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Enjoy!

Thanks - caused me to buy it. Enjoying both of them. More with logic presets.

I'm currently doing *all* the Roland Cloud stuff, including the older plugins I previously did for the non-cloud versions, as it seems the presets for the older plugins won't work in the newer Cloud versions...

If you dont want a cloud subscription - can you buy all of them instead?

SH-101-v002-1.thumb.jpg.440326acb6491acc35b40f62951bbe27.jpg

Roland Cloud - SH-101

Presets from the SH-101. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_SH101.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_SH101_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(440KB archive, 1.1MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" and "Factory By Category" folders to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SH-101/

(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

SH-2-v002.thumb.jpg.19f188e9279f27d6e8f729d5aa7b47b2.jpg

Roland Cloud - SH-2

Presets from the SH-2. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_SH2.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_SH2_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(530KB archive, 1.4MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" and "Factory By Category" folders to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SH-2/

PROMARS-v002.thumb.jpg.051c03e718361b67947132a93c5a3b65.jpg

Roland Cloud - Promars

Presets from the Promars. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_ProMars.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_Promars_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(650KB archive, 1.7MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/PROMARS/

Jupiter-8.thumb.jpg.d4939869ee6045d22b2f9d2e114d169a.jpg

Roland Cloud - Jupiter 8

Presets from the Jupiter 8. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_Jupiter8.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_Jupiter8_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(330KB archive, 880KB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/JUPITER-8/

Juno-106.thumb.jpg.4e8e6c8e428981fb72195c930af7a546.jpg

Roland Cloud - Juno 106

Presets from the Juno 106. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_Juno106.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_Juno106_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(315KB archive, 820KB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/JUNO-106/

SYSTEM-1-v002.thumb.jpg.a6164ad7d5c7aff2fda7bc50f08b710c.jpg

Roland Cloud - System 1

Presets from the System 1. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_System1.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_System1_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(1.2MB archive, 3.3MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SYSTEM-1/

System-8.thumb.jpg.e19709e8ce6f8ee7d0fcdd312f6e2807.jpg

Roland Cloud - System 8

Presets from the System 8. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_System8.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_System8_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(360KB archive, 990KB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SYSTEM-8/

System-100-v004.thumb.jpg.8372ab8e13ff81fab273d99dac6b2c29.jpg

Roland Cloud - System 100

Presets from the System 100. Two versions - organised by original bank, and organised by patch category.

Download: RolandCloud_System100.zip 

Download: RolandCloud_System100_small.zip * See GUI size note below

(930KB archive, 2.5MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SYSTEM-100/

JV-1080_1.thumb.jpg.e382b46461a241560d89d475e0feb920.jpg

Roland Cloud - JV-1080

Presets from the JV-1080. Organised by original bank only.

Download: RolandCloud_JV1080.zip 

(35MB archive, 190MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/JV-1080/

SRX.thumb.jpg.bbeaa2bce9b2b244ff9956d57abb6820.jpg

Roland Cloud - SRX Orchestra

Presets from the SRX Orchestra Expansion Series. Organised by original bank only.

Download: RolandCloud_SRXOrchestra.zip 

(22MB archive, 77MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SRX ORCHESTRA/

Roland Cloud - SRX Keyboards

Presets from the SRX Keyboards Expansion Series. Organised by original bank only.

Download: RolandCloud_SRXKeyboards.zip 

(22MB archive, 77MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SRX KEYBOARDS/

Note: The D-50 presets were already previously uploaded by me here:

Roland Cloud D-50 Preset post

* Note: Newer versions of many of the Roland plugins upgraded the interfaces for resizing - however, it means they now default to the max 200% size when recalling presets - fine for those of you on a 5K iMac, but less good for laptops or smaller screens! I've resaved out all the presets with a smaller GUI size in the plugin (typically 125%-150%) which is much more comfortable (at least for me!). If you want these, download the "_small" files and use those, in place of the first set of downloads.

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

Des, you have experience with the hardware JV-1080? How does it compare to the plugin? I'd LOOOVE me some plugin 1080 for old times sake, good bit of it on my first album, but the subscription is a strict no-no, I REALLY don't want to do that. :/

I have an XV-5080, and the plugin is more or less identical sounding to that - which means, the plugin sounds cleaner and "better" quality than the hardware 1080, which used lower quality samples and not as good an output stage.

So if the *exact* character of the hardware 1080 is important to you, then you should probably keep a 1080 module around.

I've always preferred the cleanliness & character of the XV-5080 so I'm really happy to have it as a plugin ;)

So if the *exact* character of the hardware 1080 is important to you, then you should probably keep a 1080 module around.

Nah, the difference is negligible in a full modern production, and I’m all for cleaner sounds, too, as I can dirty stuff up if I need to :)

Thanks for the response!

That's cool, I feel generally the same, I'm not a super purist when it comes to emulations in general, as long as the character and components are right.

Note: I'm working on a JV1080/5080 sysex import tool for the plugin too, so if you have old sounds from the hardware you'll be able to get them in...

des...I just remembered Retrologue 2. It was originally made for Cubase, but the 2nd version is compatible with Logic. Just throwing that out there. :)

I just grabbed the trial and will take a look...

Edit: Not a bad sounding synth, but clunky in typical Steinberg fashion. It also crashes Logic here about once in every 3 launches...

The problem here is that (unless I'm missing something) there is no way to "pick up" the preset name. If you edit a patch, and save it as eg "mine.vstpreset", the patch name is displayed in the plugin. The name can't be edited. And if you select save again (to save a updated version of that patch) it doesn't populate the file browser with the patch name - you have to manually find the patch you saved and save over it. A poor experience.

So - there *is* a technique I have used on previous instruments, which is picking up names from the finder in syncrony to stepping through patches in the plugin, but it's a bit of a pain to script, and also the preset files on disk are stored in a flat folder (no categories) but displayed as categories in the plugin (somehow), so there would be additional work necessary to sort that mess out.

So while it's *doable*, it's a lot of effort from me for a plugin I don't even own and can't use the presets for. So I'm going to pass on that one... sorry...

I grabbed the OPXII demo and that looks doable - it has quite a lot of preset banks...

Edit: Well, OPX is throwing up some, er, "interesting" challenges. The "next patch" button works when you click it with a mouse, or trackpad, but if you have tap-to-click on the trackpad enabled and you tap it, it works maybe 20% of the time.

And this "tap" type event is the very same event Keyboard Maestro sends when it is "clicking" on UI elements - so again, it actually increments the patch somewhere around 20% of attempts. While I'm waiting for KM support to help, I implemented a hacky workaround where I attempt to increment the patch, and see whether the patch name has changed since the last time, and if not, try the button again until it does... ugh... Still, it's working, albeit a bit slower than usual...

I’ve mentioned a few times on the thread how I do this, and others have done the same with their methods of choice. You need to automate it, but even so, it’s time consuming (it’s good if you can develop a system and let it run unattended overnight, for example...)

sonicprojects-op-x-pro-ii-xl.jpg.c6c834ff06ba18025eeb2499bf6bce23.jpg

Sonic Projects OPX PRO-II

3000+ Presets from v1.2x format OPX PRO-II

Download: SonicProjects_OPXII.zip 

(20MB archive, 96MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/SonicProjects/OP-X PRO-II/

Note that these patches won't work in the new 1.3.x update. That will need a new set of conversions, as the preset format has changed and 1.3.x is incompatible with 1.2.x patches. The conversions of the 1.3.x format patches is available here:

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

• 2 weeks later...
Yea most of them reviewed in that video can open DX7 sysex. But the way they sound was still very very different in many cases. sometimes subtle, sometimes not.

Hello,

I have a Tx81Z - it still works - and third-party sounds on a floppy disc that worked great back in the day.

A few years ago, I explored the FM8 import sys ex function with mixed results - some sounds were close enough for my satisfaction, but others sounded awful. I lost interest in this option pretty quickly.

Later on, I revisited the import function and discovered that the FM8 added Vibrato and Detune to the imported sys ex presets. Depending on the original sound, the fix was to turn Vibrato to -99 (off?) and Detune as well. The attachment only shows an adjustment to Vibrato.

Adjustments to these two settings may be part of the solution to get imported sys ex to sound more or less as expected.

FM8-Tx81z.png.cd00f9c37dd275521686d61d18a00194.png

Good to hear this is useful information. I remember others at the NI forum looking for answers - hard to believe no one from NI figured this out. I'll post this there as well. On a Logic-related note, having the Tx81Z and FM8, I can that the EFM1 sounds great.

• 3 weeks later...