3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

legendary-SRX-Keyboards.thumb.jpg.931489973a5faadfc43238efed1494fc.jpg

Roland Cloud - SRX Keyboards

Presets from the SRX Keyboards Expansion Series. Organised by original bank only.

Download: RolandCloud_SRXKeyboards.zip 

(22MB archive, 77MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SRX KEYBOARDS/

(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

SRX Keyboards has also been added to the full Roland Cloud post earlier to keep everything together.

Enjoy!

I'm back to looking at Dexed again - I had stalled on this because the scripts got really complicated (mainly in handling folder recursion as KM doesn't really support this), and everytime I got back into it to try to complete it I got bogged down with bug hunting and so on - so I'm doing it in a less automated way, which is less convenient but at least it means I can make progress with it.

Due to the amount of patches, this is going to take a long time. I'm doing the original Yamaha patches first, and will release them, and then work on the rest, bit by bit.

Anyone with KM who wants to help share the effort of doing this, let me know and I'll share my scripts and instructions, and we can spread the workload.

(And if you want to fix/improve my scripts to make it completely automated, you're more than welcome to give it a go..!)

Quick estimate: takes 4.5mins/bank of 32 patches*, 3869 banks, 124,000 patches... around 300 hours to convert the whole lot!!

Edited by des99

Curious your subjective opinion on the Roland Cloud Instruments especially the Juno, Jupiter and D-50 - do they sound authentic and are they really as taxing on the cpu as some suggest?

I hate hate hate subscription models but I see they allow you one permanent instrument license each year so I could tell myself I am buying the three classics I want for the three first years of subscription.

BTW - I really like the OP-X Pro-II and the Poly KB III off of your suggestion and of course libraries. Still be cool to get libraries for the XILS 4.

legendary-SRX-Keyboards.jpg

Roland Cloud - SRX Keyboards

Presets from the SRX Keyboards Expansion Series. Organised by original bank only.

Download: RolandCloud_SRXKeyboards.zip 

(22MB archive, 77MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/RolandCloud/SRX KEYBOARDS/

SRX Keyboards has also been added to the full Roland Cloud post earlier to keep everything together.

Enjoy!

Curious your subjective opinion on the Roland Cloud Instruments especially the Juno, Jupiter and D-50 - do they sound authentic and are they really as taxing on the cpu as some suggest?

So:

The D50 is basically identical to the real thing, and is very light on the CPU. It's every bit as good at wha it does as the Korg M1 & Wavestation plugins.

The JV-1080 is better than the original 1080, it's more like an XV-5080 and sounds basically identical to my XV-5080 recorded digitally. Also very CPU light.

The JP8 is my all-time favourite analog poly synth, and I know it's character *very* well despite never having played a real one (largely from influential records growing up). The Roland JP8 plugin sounds to me significantly better than Arturia's version - it sounds more alive, and has a much sweeter top end, and when I first played it I got the most "real" vibe I've ever had from JP8 emulations. (The Arturia version to me feels a bit "dead", in comparison.)

From all reports, it's more or less the same code as the Boutique version, and that is very very close to the hardware. In any case, it's a great sounding plugin for that JP8 thing. It's pretty CPU heavy, but they reduced it a bit in recent versions, and they also addd a "low CPU" mode, which reduces the load some more, at the expense of the sound (which definitely loses something in this mode).

The Juno-106 was never a synth I liked that much, but that's more down to it's character than anything else. Again, the emulation is supposed to be spot on. Medium CPU I think.

The ProMars and SH2 are also great sounding vintage synths, and the SH-101 is also a great emulation but again, I never liked it as much as some in the EDM crowd do. The mono synths are not that heavy on the CPU. The System 8 is the other pretty heavy plugin.

Anyway, they are all free to demo for a month, so you lose nothing by giving them a try.

Out of all of them, my personal faves are the D50, JV-1080/SRX KEYBOARDS, and the Jupiter 8, for what it's worth...

So:

The D50 is basically identical to the real thing, and is very light on the CPU. It's every bit as good at wha it does as the Korg M1 & Wavestation plugins.

The JV-1080 is better than the original 1080, it's more like an XV-5080 and sounds basically identical to my XV-5080 recorded digitally. Also very CPU light.

The JP8 is my all-time favourite analog poly synth, and I know it's character *very* well despite never having played a real one (largely from influential records growing up). The Roland JP8 plugin sounds to me significantly better than Arturia's version - it sounds more alive, and has a much sweeter top end, and when I first played it I got the most "real" vibe I've ever had from JP8 emulations. (The Arturia version to me feels a bit "dead", in comparison.)

From all reports, it's more or less the same code as the Boutique version, and that is very very close to the hardware. In any case, it's a great sounding plugin for that JP8 thing. It's pretty CPU heavy, but they reduced it a bit in recent versions, and they also addd a "low CPU" mode, which reduces the load some more, at the expense of the sound (which definitely loses something in this mode).

The Juno-106 was never a synth I liked that much, but that's more down to it's character than anything else. Again, the emulation is supposed to be spot on. Medium CPU I think.

The ProMars and SH2 are also great sounding vintage synths, and the SH-101 is also a great emulation but again, I never liked it as much as some in the EDM crowd do. The mono synths are not that heavy on the CPU. The System 8 is the other pretty heavy plugin.

Anyway, they are all free to demo for a month, so you lose nothing by giving them a try.

Out of all of them, my personal faves are the D50, JV-1080/SRX KEYBOARDS, and the Jupiter 8, for what it's worth...

Ahh thanks for your summary/insights - very tempting - with all the presets set up and a free month. I guess if you stick with it for a few years you have your short list of which ones you will be selecting for your annual freebie.

dexed.png.83917b727a3dbe8d38c9ce1f04f9fe34.png

Dexed - Dexed Cart 1 - Original Yamaha DX Presets

Presets from the huge Dexed cart download.

Part 1 - Original Yamaha DX presets. Around 3700 DX patches

The original archive in SYX format for Dexed is available here: https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/199

Download: Dexed - Original Yamaha.zip 

(23MB archive, 40MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Original Yamaha" folder to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/DigitalSuburban/Dexed/

Note: I'm working on the full collection, but this will take some time, as it's *massive*. This first bunch of presets here constitutes the majority of the original Yamaha DX/TX 6-Op FM presets, minus a few that were corrupt and/or wouldn't load in Dexed (the DX1 files, and some TX802 files.)

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

xils-4-42.jpg

Xils Lab - XILS 4 Presets

Presets from the XILS 4 instrument.

Download: Xils4_Presets.zip 

(1.7MB archive, 31MB expanded)

~/Library/Audio/Presets/XILS-lab/XILS 4/

Enjoy!

Ouch now I have to buy it.

Edit - bought it - love it - and confirming your presets work all fine

As you loop through the patches, increment a variable to keep a record of the patch number, then when you want to paste the name, simply do:

1880947697_ScreenShot2018-08-04at18_43_14.png.40b2e4b5dc258cc5334c4251942a377a.png

(Here, we have the patch number in the variable currentPatchNumber, and the patch name in currentPatchName, and we are simply pasting in "currentPatchNumber-currentPatchName" to gives us something like:

"1-AwesomePad"

"2-Oberheimey" etc

Note: You can use %CurrentClipboard% if you don't want to store the name in a variable, but often it makes sense to store in variables as you might be picking up multiple things using the clipboard (eg patch name, bank name, current folder name etc...)

As you loop through the patches, increment a variable to keep a record of the patch number, then when you want to paste the name, simply do:

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 18.43.14.png

(Here, we have the patch number in the variable currentPatchNumber, and the patch name in currentPatchName, and we are simply pasting in "currentPatchNumber-currentPatchName" to gives us something like:

"1-AwesomePad"

"2-Oberheimey" etc

Note: You can use %CurrentClipboard% if you don't want to store the name in a variable, but often it makes sense to store in variables as you might be picking up multiple things using the clipboard (eg patch name, bank name, current folder name etc...)

Ill have to look into it thanks.

Edited by sjgam

Dexed progress - the most recent subfolder I converted (1.5MB out of the 18MB total), "Big Mamma", had 360 DX7 syx files - that's ~11,500 patches, in just one sub folder. And there are quite a few more subfolders with hundreds of bank files in them..!

Having said that - it is great to have this many single DX patches available to search/browse, and it's much nicer this way than for instance having them all in Arturia's browser in the DX7V.

I do wish the Logic team would add a Favourites feature in the patch browser, though (similar to how the browser in Alchemy works...)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm back to looking at Dexed again

Anyone with KM who wants to help share the effort of doing this, let me know and I'll share my scripts and instructions, and we can spread the workload.

Well that was a pretty futile appeal for help, I guess..! :P

41,850 patches done so far, getting there slowly.

Only about another 79,000 to go... :shock:

I'm back to looking at Dexed again

Well that was a pretty futile appeal for help, I guess..! :P

41,850 patches done so far, getting there slowly.

Only about another 79,000 to go... :shock:

Daunting task indeed!

But what are the chances one would audition each and every one of them?

But what are the chances one would audition each and every one of them?

That's not the point, the point is you can easily browse, navigate and search by name or partial name, very useful...

Totally agree with you!

But honestly, the numbers are getting big to a point one could question the advantages vs the cost, isn't?

I'm just converting the files, not making arbitrary judgements as to what's useful or not. The collection was curated by someone else, and though not complete (there are many "missing" banks from collections that haven't been found) you never know what's useful or not.

Another nice point is in cultivating archives like I am, it's quite nice to come across an old patch bank review that singles out standout sounds, and be able to search for the on my system and play them.

In any case, before I go to sleep I'm just setting my computer to work on them overnight and slowly working through them. It's not like I'm doing it manually. Would I have done this if somebody hadn't asked? Probably not. But I will find it useful and I'm sure others will, and once it's done, it's done, so...

Be assured that my comments were never meant to be judgemental.

Sorry, that's not what I meant/intended - what I wrote was poorly written.

What I meant to say was that the Dexed "cartridge" is a massive collection, so I'm either going to do it in full, or not do it at all, rather than than arbitrarily decide/judge which bits of it to do.

~57,000 patches done...

I think these are great - especially for real fans of DX synthesis because it makes all these sounds much more convenient to browse. Also, being able to search for "PIANO" for example, and audition each one quickly with the down arrow key is FANTASTIC. And yeah, now I wish Logic had a way to 'favorite' sounds. I'm going to be using Dexed a hell of a lot more now. Thanks, Des.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone !

There is my aupresets for AAS Player 1.3.1, Lounge Lizard Session, Strum Session from Applied Acoustics Systems, Filterjam from AudioThing, Bark Of Dog 2 from Boz Digital Labs, SynthMaster 2.9 Player & SynthMasterCM from KV331.

And if you want, take a look (and a ear !) to my band Never Forget :

http://neverforget.musimage.ch/

https://www.facebook.com/neverforgetmusic/

AAS Player.zip

Bark Of Dog 2.zip

Filterjam.zip

Lounge Lizard Session 4.zip

Strum Session 2.zip

SynthMaster 2.9 Player.zip

SynthMasterCM Instrument.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As plenty of folks will likely own NIs Komplete, Kontakt or Battery, I thought I could share a GM template for Battery 3 (should load in both Battery 4 and Kontakt 4/5/6 as well) that I made to be suitable for Logics Drummer. It should hopefully cover most of the kit parts Drummer is using, no matter how much you fool around in the editor. Ok, basically it's just a GM set, but there's some things I noticed Drummer was using that aren't covered by plain, 100% GM compatible kits. This kit is covering some of them - still not all kit parts supplied by Drum Kit Designer, but I think the Drummer patterns should be covered well.

The reason I did this kit was to keep things as tidy as it gets (so there's more space for each cell, hence a better overview).

I'm using this to quickly drag whatever samples onto it while Drummer is playing, which for me is massive fun.

Note: The hihat cells are in a voicing group already, so a closed hat chokes off an open one. Everything else is left at Battery 3s defaults.

Note #2: I added a "nodata.aif" sample (pure silence) which is loaded into each cell because that makes the cells in Battery 3 show up with their colors already, the cell text is vastly better readable that way, too.

Battery 3 Drummer GM.zip