3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

Instead of writing down each factory preset's name separately in a text document, which takes a long time, you can use a program that takes a screenshot of the names and then converts the names of the image into text. This should not be a problem, should it?

Yes, I understand what OCR is, I just wondered what was the point of all this work, when you could invest the time to just automating the actual saving of patches if that was what you are trying to accomplish.

Since I do not always have time to convert factory presets to AU.presets, I thought that maybe others wanted to do it with the same plugins as I have but that they didnt have the energy to write down all the names separately.

Ok then the best solution if you want particular plugins converted is to post a request for presets for any particular plugins you're interested in, and see whether someone will undertake to do it. I'm genuinely baffled at the need to "write down preset names"...?

Therefore, I have collected the names of factory presets in text documents, so that others can continue to convert them to AU.presets.

But if someone else is going to convert the factory presets of a particular plugin... they already have all the patches, with names.. otherwise they wouldn't be able to convert them..?

This was an idea to make it easier for people to convert factory presets.

I don't see how it helps anyone do anything. It certainly doesn't help me, and it just seems like a ton of work at your end to make something that nobody's asking for, and nobody needs?

It's great you want to help, but before undertaking to do a load of work, it's best surely to find out if that work is in any way useful to anybody, before spending time and effort to do it?

Sorry, I'm just really confused by this... maybe I'm missing something...

What I was asking was if someone had the same plugins that I own and if they had converted purchased banks into AU.presets for them.

If they did, it would be very appreciated if they could share them with me by sending me a private message so I could use them for my own use.

Ok, I understand now, thanks. If you have also bought those commercial preset banks, and someone can verify that, then it would probably be ok to share the the AUpresets privately. Otherwise, if you hadn't bought them, then no, it's not ok, for the same reasons already outlined above.

The method I use to collect the preset name of a plugin is by issuing a "Save as..." command from within the plugin GUI itself. That usually open a dialog displaying the current preset's name in text already highlighted (ready to be renamed and relocated). At that moment, issuing a copy command (either via Automator or KM) in order to later on paste it upon saving it as an AU preset.

This was never meant to confuse anyone, rather to make it easier for everyone by, for example, perhaps working together on converting a plugins factory presets. Some plugins have many presets that may require time, such as the UVI Vintage Vault 2 or other UVI plugins.

But nevermind all of this, I'll just stick to sharing factory presets :)

So I'll continue with this by sharing Au.presets for all of the Arturia Effects plugins.

Arturia Effects.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a new synth to do, I think the PG-8X is a good contender. It's available as an unsupported AU, and I think the main issue with this is that it doesn't retain your patch when using its internal browser, HOWEVER, it works great using Logic's browser. There are lots of patches out there as it imports JX-8P sysex, and it is one of the best sounding free synths out there.

The AU version can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl0fn/AAAFoEEc8Pq6BTYMzDmVeezxa?dl=0

It works in L9, and in the very latest 10.6.

It would be great if we could get all the patches that are available out there converted. No need to sort them or weed out the duplicates.

I would like to do this - however, the existing AU version is old and buggy and unsupported and has lots of problems iirc. The dev continued to work on the VST version which is a much later version and works more or less correctly.

It's a good plugin and when I want to use it, I tend to use the VST version wrapped in an AU plugin host, instead of the native AU version (which of course isn't ideal.)

I really wish Martin would make an equivalent AU version of the VST, as it's really nice, but it seems he doesn't have much motivation to do it and hasn't worked on PG8X for sometime now.

I can have a look though, if it's doable and the AU version works I'll do it...

• 2 weeks later...

We are almost in 2021

Converting a preset one by one is so clumsy.

DAWs should be intelligent enough to read a plugin's, or a Kontakt library's patch catalog and batch convert it to native format. They should start to innovate more on the AI side then adding another plugin.

That is what computers are for. Make it compute :)

Unfortunately it's not that simple, as Logic has no idea what a plugin developer uses as an internal data format - there is no standard for this, and neither will there be as this is handled different by platform and plugin format.

So we do what we have to do to achieve what we want, rather than just sit and complain that it should be easier.

In many ways, preset handling for plugins is generally terrible, inconsistent, and implemented and supported differently for every developer. This is why we here want to move presets to Logic ones, because at least you gain some consistency...

Hello all, I've benefitted greatly from this thread and would like to give back. This is my first go at it, so I'm sure those of you who might download this first batch of presets for the PG-8X will let me know if I got it right. If so, I have many more to contribute. I noticed a few users were looking for PG-8X banks. I think I've found and converted most all of them. For those of you who have the plug and it's working in your Logic Pro or MainStage, let me know if these are working for you! I have 25 banks and will post in ten bank increments.

Hello all, I've benefitted greatly from this thread and would like to give back. This is my first go at it, so I'm sure those of you who might download this first batch of presets for the PG-8X will let me know if I got it right. If so, I have many more to contribute.

Thanks for your contribution!

I have 25 banks and will post in ten bank increments.

It's easier for everybody if you just compile banks and create one downloadable zip file containing all the banks, rather than making people do 30 different downloads and find them across multiple posts - so someone who wants the PG8X files can just do one simple download to get them all.

I'll give these a check and make sure they're working for me - thanks.

Edit: They work great - thanks!

Edited by des99

While it is a bummer that the PG-8X developer all but gave up on supporting this plug, it resonates with me as the JX-8p was one of my first synths. I do love the sound of the plug despite its shortcomings and while the display still says “INIT TONE” after loading a preset, all the parameters in the programmer so load properly so I feel like my work was a real time saver for this particular plug. Hope these preset banks give a bit of new life for a plug that while no longer supported but still sounds great.

Agreed, I'd love Martin to finish the proper AU version, it's a great plugin. He even had the MKS70/JX10 as a commercial version as a goal, but it appears he's moved on really.

Thanks for doing this! (and saving me the effort :) )

I've added this and some other recent additions to the index.

ppg_shot.jpg.193e8e638480346f394d6c9a2486e2b2.jpg

Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V

Presets from Waldorf's PPG Wave emulation.

As I've been using the PPG a lot lately I've re-done the PPG Wave 3.V Presets - the old ones weren't working that well anymore and they were never that reliable. These ones are actually saved out with Logic, rather than the plugin's own preset generation, and seem to be reliable. And I've also managed to include the Waveterm multis now.

This library consists of the following data (including hand tweaked settings) - 1,815 presets in all.

Note: Many of the PPG banks have "dual sounds", meaning that the first patch "A" is sound 1 and the second patch "B" is sound 2 - the patches are designed to be used in layers, or singly. So the banks labelled "Single" are the 128 single sounds in the bank, and the banks labelled "Dual Stereo" have had patches A & B layered for the 64 presets and panned a little apart in the plugin to get some spread and width. This makes it much easier to hear the PPG layered presets as they were intended, which I suspect most people using the plugin probably haven't heard as it was tedious to audition patches in layers like this - now I've done the work for you.

(In some cases this can be too much - say a sound that has an attack part as sound A, and the sustain as sound B, and spreading them in stereo is not quite the intended effect - so it's easier to narrow the stereo width of the instrument in your DAW if desired, than it is to narrow them patch by patch or leave the sounds in mono and constantly have to pan them apart to get them to sound nice.)

I've also included multis of the Waveterm disks - these are splits, layers and sequence multis of the PPG Waveterm sample library that comes with PPG Wave 3.V. Many of these respond on multiple MIDI channels as they were designed to do. All this stuff is displayed in the "PROG" page when you load a multi.

• - Factory PPG Wave 2.2 1984 (Dual Stereo)
    - Factory PPG Wave 2.2 1984 (Single)
    - Factory PPG Wave 2.3 Patches (Dual Stereo)
    - Factory PPG Wave 2.3 Patches (SIngle)
    - Factory PPG Waveterm Multis

- 3.V DK Dent 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Ingo Weidner 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Jey de Miceli 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Rob Lee 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Stefan Trippler 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Tsching 3.V (Single)
    - 3.V Wolgang Palm 3.V (Single)

- 2.V Andrew Thomas 1985 (Dual Stereo)
    - 2.V Andrew Thomas 1985 (Single)
    - 2.V DK Dent 2.V (Single)
    - 2.V Michael Johnson (Single)
    - 2.V Misc (Single)
    - 2.V Photic (Single)
    - 2.V Til Kopper (Single)
    - 2.V Volker Barber 1984 (Dual Stereo)
    - 2.V Volker Barber 1984 (Single)

Download: Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V Factory Presets for Logic.zip 

(65MB archive, 540MB expanded)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Waldorf/PPG Wave 3.V/

(that's the Library folder in your home directory)

Enjoy!

emulator-ii-v-image.thumb.png.9cd458ea7c6cddd26c12748c2d892d06.png

Arturia Emulator II V

Presets from Arturia's Emulator II emulation. (V8)

Arturia Emulator IIV.zip

(5MB archive, 23MB expanded) (updated)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" folder to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Arturia/Emulator II V/

Enjoy!

Edited by des99

That was quick!

There’s about 30 plugins now, some of them have a lot of presets, so will take a while... I’ll do the Jup8 V4 now, and then work on updating all the rest over the next week or so. It would be better if I had a second computer I could run the exports on as I could continue to work while it saved them out...

cz-v-image.thumb.png.1c5c6223be2d1ed23d4641f67343a066.png

Arturia CZ V

Presets from Arturia's CZ-series emulation. (V8)

Arturia CZ V V8.zip

(14MB archive, 83MB expanded) (updated)

Casio CZ Factory Patches for CZ V (CZ101, CZ1, CZ230S, RC10/20/30 Cartridges)

Arturia CZ V Factory Casio.zip

(12MB archive, 75MB expanded) (updated)

Instructions: Once unpacked, Copy the "Factory" and "Casio CZ" folders to

~/Library/Audio/Presets/Arturia/CZ V/

Enjoy!

Edited by des99