Audio Music Apps & Application Support blunder

Hey guys! So the only problem I'm having at all with Logic Pro is that I can't save patches. At least not in the way that I should be able to. For some reason, the "settings" button that should allow me to save effects patches just won't work. As if the button doesn't work. And I'm told on forums such as this one that it's a problem relating to my folders being out of wack. I've tried all the solutions except one. And that's the whole "hard link" solution. I haven't tried because I would not be able to do it. I'm fairly new to Apple in general, so Terminal is not something I'd have an easy time with. Over time maybe, but definitely not now! Regardless, could someone help me figure out how to set up my folders so that I can finally save my effects patches? For some reason I have both the Audio Music Apps folder AND the Application Support folder. I'm told I should only have one of the 2. I don't know what to do. I've tried the alias method to no avail, I tried to copy the Logic folder into both of those. I don't know what to do, somebody please help??