8-bit goodness Part Deux

Ok, so I've finally gotten around to gathering together my current selection of 8-bit-styled ES1 presets, and so I've zipped them up in one convenient archive.

Also, my lastest little ditty using said presets... (the drums are still ultrabeat, though)

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/image/b/bxol

(not really sure why this forum doesn't want to post the image... works other places. I realize there's no .jpg at the end, but this actually does display fine on another forum I visit. Either way, the link works.)

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, or if you have any questions.

Long live 8-bit.

presets.zip

that's cool ... I was planning on going through your orig post, when I got around to it, but this is really cool. Actually now that I think about it, I probably will go through that post just so I learn something ... but this will be good for a nice play and if I need something quick.

The song is pretty cool .... kinda feels like I'm playing a konami game with trent reznor ...

If I simply click on the download link, QT just opens up and plays the song in a safari window. If I try to command click on the link and 'download linked file', the file of the mp3 shows up but it says that it's size is 0 bytes. Am I just doing something stupid here or what??

Ok, so I've finally gotten around to gathering together my current selection of 8-bit-styled ES1 presets, and so I've zipped them up in one convenient archive.

Also, my lastest little ditty using said presets... (the drums are still ultrabeat, though)

(not really sure why this forum doesn't want to post the image... works other places. I realize there's no .jpg at the end, but this actually does display fine on another forum I visit. Either way, the link works.)

Long live 8-bit.

Hi, I love the 8 bit sound! I just bought Logic Pro 8 and I'm kinda just learning the ropes. Where do I place the folders to get them to appear in logic? I drop it in components?

Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components??

Thanks for the help

**EDIT**

O.K. I think I figured it out mostly. I was in the wrong area and put it now in

Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/

Your zip contains 3 folders. I put the contents of the ES1 folder into the ES1 that's already there. Then I opened logic and was about to use those presets with the ES1. Awesome. So it doesn't matter at all what instrument I choose under settings because if I use no inserts and just the presets an electric piano and a guitar setting will sound exactly the same right because of this preset?

I dropped the Averb pst file into the Averb folder that worked but I couldn't figure out where to drop the 8bit filter pst that is in the output folder. Where do I put that?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Long live 8-bit.

Hi, I love the 8 bit sound! I just bought Logic Pro 8 and I'm kinda just learning the ropes. Where do I place the folders to get them to appear in logic? I drop it in components?

Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components??

Thanks for the help

**EDIT**

O.K. I think I figured it out mostly. I was in the wrong area and put it now in

Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/

Your zip contains 3 folders. I put the contents of the ES1 folder into the ES1 that's already there. Then I opened logic and was about to use those presets with the ES1. Awesome. So it doesn't matter at all what instrument I choose under settings because if I use no inserts and just the presets an electric piano and a guitar setting will sound exactly the same right because of this preset?

I dropped the Averb pst file into the Averb folder that worked but I couldn't figure out where to drop the 8bit filter pst that is in the output folder. Where do I put that?

Thanks

Found it!

The preset in the Output folder is actually a channel strip setting. It goes in that folder, instead of the Plug-in Settings folder. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but it's not totally unrelated news, I just really didn't want to make a brand new post...

As I mentioned, I scored a local short film called 'Gamer's Manifesto', using 100% 8-bit-sounding music, like I've posted here (both as mp3's as well as presets and channel strips).

I won the award for best music! Apparently, there wasn't even anyone else nominated! I'll eventually post links to the film, if anyone's interested in seeing it.

http://swfilmfest.com/awards-e.html

Who knew that video gaming would actually pay off someday?

• 1 month later...

I've tried everything but I can't get the presets to show up in logic. I'm very new to my mac/ logic so the only sounds i have are the ones from garage band. Can someone please explain how to get these presets to work, where do i have to put them?

This is alot harder than adding a vst to a pc haha

Try pasting the .pst files into

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-in Settings/ES1/

You can put them in another folder within the ES1 folder if you want to keep all of your 8-bit sounds organized. For example:

...Settings/ES1/8-bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Im new to Logic Pro (and music production software in general, Ive been using the MPC for years). I can make songs in Logic, but I know nothing about the technical aspects such as settings etc.. :oops: I see people asking similar questions, but I dont even know where to find the folders on the computer.

Could someone please, step by step, explain how to make these presets "playable" in a project?

I would really appreciate it.