HOW TO use the setting files in this forum

To use a setting file found in this forum:

1. Download the file.

The file will end up in your "Downloads" folder, inside your Home folder. An easy way to get to the file is to Control-click the file in your browser's download window and choose "Show in Finder".

2. Drag and drop the file to this location:

• Move Patches (.patch) to {Home}/Music/Audio Music Apps/Patches/{Channel Strip Type}/.

• Move Channel Strip Settings (.cst) to {Home}/Music/Audio Music Apps/Channel Strip Settings/{Channel Strip Type}/.

• Move Plug-in Settings[ (.pst) to {Home}/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well, got that figured out... now I just can't seem to get any sound to run into the channel with the CST on it! Ejole!

If you cannot get sound out of a software instrument track when an instrument is loaded on it, you should start a new thread with your question on the "Logic" forum. Make sure to include more details regarding your setup, how it's cabled etc...:

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

• 9 months later...

Works great, but what if you have other plugins on that channel? Do you route the whole virtual instrument channels output from Stereo out, to the bus with the CST and then route any additional bussed channels effecting just the drums, to that bus also?

Also, do you still individualize these by making 3 aux 's with CST on it for lows mids highs or do you just bus all your drums, kick, snare, highs, all to the same aux with CST?

Would this eliminate the need for BBE plugz like maximizer, harmonizer, etc?

And one last one.. are you just adding the insert to the channel and leaving the output to stereo or are you routing all the drums (Bass making Synths (massive DnB type too?) to the CST aux?

Thanks in advance! and thanks for the help you provide here at the board. :?:

• 1 month later...

I followed the instructions in the pdf you attached but the samples are still not available in logic... could anyone give me some more specific directions. the .exs files are not showing up for me, even with other samples. where exactly do i place the folders? and the .wav files?

thanks again

Works great, but what if you have other plugins on that channel? Do you route the whole virtual instrument channels output from Stereo out, to the bus with the CST and then route any additional bussed channels effecting just the drums, to that bus also?

Also, do you still individualize these by making 3 aux 's with CST on it for lows mids highs or do you just bus all your drums, kick, snare, highs, all to the same aux with CST?

Would this eliminate the need for BBE plugz like maximizer, harmonizer, etc?

And one last one.. are you just adding the insert to the channel and leaving the output to stereo or are you routing all the drums (Bass making Synths (massive DnB type too?) to the CST aux?

hookedonhydro, all those questions are pretty specific and not really related to this thread, so I would recommend you ask them in the Logic forum, one question at a time, each question in its own thread, for the sake of clarity - thanks!

I found that you have to also make sure that the "folder" that the .cst is placed in has to have the name form of " 'two digit' space 'name of folder' " (ie. "14 Misc")

or it won't show up in the DAW selection popups dropdowns!

Not sure how you got that impression... You should be able to name your folders however you want, AFAIK there's no folder naming restriction:

ukulele.png.0ad0df5a6a7872df89db11f9981ecd80.png

I followed the instructions in the pdf you attached but the samples are still not available in logic... could anyone give me some more specific directions. the .exs files are not showing up for me, even with other samples. where exactly do i place the folders? and the .wav files?

thanks again

I noticed you posted the same question there - let's continue that discussion there.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a couple of the pst. files, and I made a folder with the name and put them in the {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/. folder

I opened Logic, but I don't know where or how I can open up the pst. files I downloaded. Anyone know what I have to do? or what I am doing wrong. I tried searching and looking for the pst. files but could not find them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...

• Place Plug-in Settings (ends with .pst) in {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/.

While i understand this, i have still had lots and lots of trouble working out where to put banks of presets of settings for 3rd party plugins to use. Have literally spent hours trying to find where to put them on many different days. When i find the spot i think it is and copy them they then don't show up in the presets area of the plugin in Logic.

Hope this makes sense and hope you can help!

i have still had lots and lots of trouble working out where to put banks of presets of settings for 3rd party plugins to use. Have literally spent hours trying to find where to put them on many different days. When i find the spot i think it is and copy them they then don't show up in the presets area of the plugin in Logic.

Plug-in settings for 3rd plug-ins (file extension .aupreset) go in Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/ and of course, you can create subfolders within this location if need be.

3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

J.

• 1 year later...

• Place Plug-in Settings (ends with .pst) in {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/.

While i understand this, i have still had lots and lots of trouble working out where to put banks of presets of settings for 3rd party plugins to use. Have literally spent hours trying to find where to put them on many different days. When i find the spot i think it is and copy them they then don't show up in the presets area of the plugin in Logic.

Hope this makes sense and hope you can help!

There were some good clarifying questions when you asked this question a while ago. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=91035&p=473221#p473221

Specifically, EricBradley mentioned that it depends on if you want to use Logic's plug-in window preset, or if you want to use a proprietary preset. The thread that jordito linked to, is an excellent resource for saved presets in aupreset format. There are also preset formats supplied by sw synth vendors, typically in a proprietary format. To add to the confusion, you can save settings into Logic Channel Strips, which include not just the patch, but other settings. Lastly - depending on what you're trying to save, and how you're trying to access it -- sometimes the directory is hidden by default, making navigating to the directory a challenge (initially). An example of this- which is often pointed out here, is the "Library" directory under Mac HD-> Users -> -> There is a well documented post on how you can 'unhide' that directory... which makes things easier later on. Point is - there are two "Library" directories in the Mac OS world -- and one of them is where Logic AU Presets are hidden away.

Anyway - in summary. You have instruments provided by Logic or third party vendors. You also have presets, provided by third party vendors (sometimes only accessible from their GUI - unless you save a Logic aupreset version). Also, there are locations that you can drop presets in Logic, so they show up in Logic's Media / Library. There are also Channel Strip settings - which allow you to save presets (actually .. a lot more than presets) so they can be pulled up from the Channel Strip heading. Confusing? (Yes indeed)

Personally.. I put everything into aupreset format (see the link to the megathread that was provided by jordito). It makes browsing to favorite patches (from within Logic) pretty painless. I also have a few saved off channel strip settings - that I use between Logic and MainStage..

• 8 months later...

Thank you both for responding so quickly!

QUESTION: David, both the ".cst" and ".pst" files are in their correct locations on my computer according to your pathway instructions.

HOWEVER, "Clean Room" is still NOT an option in the drop down menu path following:

Legacy / Logic / Spaces / Large Space / ( here is where "Clean Spaces" used to be a part of the drop down options, but is no longer).

So I think I need to rephrase/update my question to "how do I get it back into the drop down menu option?" -- As it appears that I didn't actually delete it from my computer (since those 2 files are in their correct locations as stated above), merely from the menu options in the Inspector.

Thank you again in advance!

John

• 1 year later...

1) Download the file.

The file will end up in your "Downloads" folder, inside your Home folder. An easy way to get to the file is to Control-click the file in your browser's download window and choose "Show in Finder".

2) Drag and drop the file in its correct location.

• Move Patches (.patch) to {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Patches/{Channel Strip Type}/.

• Move Channel Strip Settings (.cst) to {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/{Channel Strip Type}/.

• Move Plug-in Settings[ (.pst) to {Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/.

To access {Home}/Library/ hold down Option as you click the Go menu in the Finder.

Hi Dave

For some reason Logic installed the folders for patches, channel strip settings, key commands, Project Templates, Plug-In Settings, etc under Home/Music/Audio Music Apps

The only thing in my Library Folder/Application Support/Logic are the following 2 files: "DefaultAssets.plist" and "LoopsDatabaseV08.bd"

I'm really confused.

- Steve

For some reason Logic installed the folders for patches, channel strip settings, key commands, Project Templates, Plug-In Settings, etc under Home/Music/Audio Music Apps

That's fine, that's the new location Apple uses (rather than having to access the Library), so you can place your settings files there instead. The end result is the same.