Ultrabeat Sample Player (now w/velocity)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the blank patch!

I just bought the Tape 909 samples from Goldbaby. They sound amazing! But when I load them into Ultrabeat (with the blank setting or otherwise) there is about a 2ms fade in. The raw sample played back in Logic sounds great and punchy. But played back in Ultrabeat there is a clear loss of the transient. Then when I add a 2ms fade in to the sample in Logic it sounds exactly like the Ultrabeat sound. So Ultrabeat must be adding a 2ms attack to the sample. Anyway around this?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, i may be pulling a n00b here, but i notice whenever i load a sample into this preset the damn thing wont stop triggering itself, even if i enable recording, put song in playmode, mute the track the unmute, trigger the sample (the repeating one in ultrabeat) via controller,etc. I just cant get it to stop, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd highly appreciate it.

thx

Sha'ul

• 4 weeks later...

as far as i can see, theres no need to download the "virgin" sampler preset above cos theres already a similiar factory preset in ultrabeat called "drag and drop samples" in the drum kits menu. select it, drop your samples on, play: simple.

though as the original thread with the download link on is quite old, i'm assuming this was something that didnt exist in L7 that has been added in logic 8 ( I jumped from L6 to L8, so dont know).

but anyway, for anyone having this problem loading samples now, thats the easy way to do it.

if that all made sense

though as the original thread with the download link on is quite old, i'm assuming this was something that didnt exist in L7 that has been added in logic 8 ( I jumped from L6 to L8, so dont know).

You're assuming right. I made this template before L8 was released, and it quickly became so popular that Apple decided to include it in L8.

still unsure of how to make the sample sustain its sound. using the bottom right hand corner... theres 4 envelopes. what are the capabilities.

i really don't know, they don't teach logic here in Australia, only pro tools and cubase. ive wanted to be taught how to use logic for a long time. I've been left to learn it all by my self. . .

• 2 months later...
still unsure of how to make the sample sustain its sound. using the bottom right hand corner... theres 4 envelopes. what are the capabilities.

i really don't know, they don't teach logic here in Australia, only pro tools and cubase. ive wanted to be taught how to use logic for a long time. I've been left to learn it all by my self. . .

They actually do teach logic in Australia. I was tought Logic 7 at the institute of music in Sydney. Have a look around for some classes or lectures. Im sure you'll find some.

Skeletor.

s#!+ almost forgot to answer your qustion haha :lol: . I had the same problem but just check your sustain button isnt on (red) below the envelope area. If it isnt red make sure your allowing the envelope to play your full sample by extending the decay length by clicking and dragging the blue dots in the envelope area. Hope this works for ya.

Skeletor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey david, and everyone else for that matter.... Just wondering how I can get my own sample's velocity working in ultrabeat ? ive tried using the velocity cursor and dragging down as usual but it doesnt work. I know this has been asked before but the link to how to fix it says it doesnt exist anymore so any help would be awesome.

Cheers!

Skeletor.

Hey david, and everyone else for that matter.... Just wondering how I can get my own sample's velocity working in ultrabeat ? ive tried using the velocity cursor and dragging down as usual but it doesnt work.

Skeletor,

May I suggest that you post this question in the main Logic forum. Please be more precise about what you're trying to accomplish with velocity and also please consider adding your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines as the version of Ultrabeat is relevant to your question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...