Ultrabeat Sample Player (now w/velocity)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

uhm.. oops.. You said "Samples #1 through #23 are mapped to C1 through B2, while Sample #24 is mapped to the rest of the keyboard, C3 and above..."

But in fact C1 thru B2 is 24 and C3 is the 25th (which then continues for 3 octaves). Ultrabeat has 25 independent synths.

Thanks to everyone for the patches!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Look at the instructions in the original post for where to place the file on your hard drive. You never want to open Logic by double-clicking on a Logic file other than a song file.

ummmm..... I don't see this anywhere; where do your Ultrabeat presets go?

thx

jb

Look at the instructions in the original post for where to place the file on your hard drive. You never want to open Logic by double-clicking on a Logic file other than a song file.

ummm... I don't see where to put David's ultrabeat presets; is it that obvious??!!

jb

ummm... I don't see where to put David's ultrabeat presets; is it that obvious??!!

jb

oops, double post; sorry.

And thanks for info, David.

jb

thanks this is relaly cool.

But, the note cuts prematurely, unless i hold the ky down/have a long note in sequencer window. How do i fix this? I tried turning off sustain and then increasing decay of envelope 4 to max, but this just makes it osund worse. Isnt there a normal one shot mode?

Its annoying, programming drum patters in 16th resolution, but haveing to increase note lenght of kicks and snares so i get the decay/reverb in of the sample.

Cheers

Saad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey David,

I know this is an old post but maybe you'll still reply. I have tried adding samples to ultrabeat using the template after I have edited them in EXS24.

I would go into Exs, import a sample that's lets say 10 sec long. Adjust the start and end points to make the sample lets say 2 sec long. I would "Save as" into the sampler instruments folder.

When I go into ultrabeat and try to import the EXS file I just saved, it imports the 10 second version, not the 2 second version. Do you know why???

Hope you get this...if not I'll post as a new question...

Thanks David..

OQ

• 3 weeks later...

Is this meant to happen!?!?!

Normally if I import an exs drum kit to Ultrabeat, Ultrabeat just plays the sample that corresponds to the midi note I've imported to.

On this sample player preset, if I import an exs file, all the samples play simultaneously on one note.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...