Ultrabeat Sample Player (now w/velocity)

How do you set the sounds to trigger all the way to the end without holding the key using this setup(The SamplePlayer)? Thanks

Hi David,

I also want to thank you for sharing this, I downloaded the file, I can load samples but the sample doesnot play from the begining to the end, the sample just play as long as I push the button or a key on my computer keyboard. The strange thing is: it worked the first time I tried it. The sample played and I was happy and I asked myself how I could stop it from playing... Then I tried it again, but as I said before, playing only during pushing...

Any ideas?

Thanx!

Raino

Raino, when you release the key, the volume of the sound is modulated by the release part of Envelope 4, so simply lengthen Envelope 4 to the length of the sample, and the whole sample will play even if you give one short press on that note on your MIDI controller.

Dave, thanx for answering, it's working now but I do not find a way too choose more then 10 seconds for envelope 4. I would need more- 1 minute, 2 minutes, but where can I "tell" that to happen?

Thanx for your time and help

:-)Raino

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm adding my own sampler preset. Has f#1 + a#1 grouped (so in GM world a CL hat shuts off an OP hat). I can't remember how I set the envelopes, but I've found it a very natural-feeling preset to play. Volume is also set to a reasonable level if you're using normalized samples :)

Samples_LPH_GM.pst

Ultrabeat preset for intuitive, GM drum mapping w/ normalized samples

• 8 months later...
Raino, when you release the key, the volume of the sound is modulated by the release part of Envelope 4, so simply lengthen Envelope 4 to the length of the sample, and the whole sample will play even if you give one short press on that note on your MIDI controller.

ok so i did this but the volume is still not loud enough. i have all volumes in ultrabeat set to 0db and it's still not playing the sample at the correct level......

ok so i did this but the volume is still not loud enough. i have all volumes in ultrabeat set to 0db and it's still not playing the sample at the correct level......

Start with the factory Drag & Drop Samples preset. Does it still play quieter when you audition it using UB's keyboard?

• 9 years later...

Hi David,

Considering how your OG post was created 15 years prior, I'm not sure how active you are, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

My original reason for downloading the SamplePlayerVelocity.pst file was bc my Logic (10.0.2) doesn't have the "Drag & Drop Samples" dropdown menu option in Ultrabeat. Unfortunately, after downloading the file > moving it to my Plug-In Setting/Ultrabeat Folder, my Logic app totally crashed and wouldn't reopen.

I've tried:

- restarting my computer a few times

- trashing the .pst file

- didn't find any .logic preferences in my Preferences folder

Not sure if you're still active as an admin, but if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Considering how your OG post was created 15 years prior, I'm not sure how active you are, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

I'm here every day! :lol:

My original reason for downloading the SamplePlayerVelocity.pst file was bc my Logic (10.0.2) doesn't have the "Drag & Drop Samples" dropdown menu option in Ultrabeat. Unfortunately, after downloading the file > moving it to my Plug-In Setting/Ultrabeat Folder, my Logic app totally crashed and wouldn't reopen.

I've tried:

- restarting my computer a few times

- trashing the .pst file

- didn't find any .logic preferences in my Preferences folder

Not sure if you're still active as an admin, but if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Wow I'm certainly sorry to hear! Let's try to figure out why this is happening to you.

When you try to open Logic now, do you get an alert? What happens exactly?

If you click Logic in your dock to start opening it then immediately hold down Control and continue holding it, after a while you should get an alert allowing you to open Logic without launching the Core Audio engine, Can you do this?

I just looked around (I'm new to the site), and realized you're THE (?) Site Admin? Lol

What happened was, I'd keep getting a Crash Report when trying to open the last project that I had opened after installing the .pst. The crash seemed to be identified in Thread 12 - I had no clue about all the coding jargon.

I did end up importing media from that 1 Project that crashed, to a fresh new project. That helped me redo some work.

I'm able to launch without Core Audio - can this help with debugging or removing the source of the Project crash?

I'm able to launch without Core Audio - can this help with debugging or removing the source of the Project crash?

It may help figure out where the issue is and in some cases fix the issue... if you want to help fix this project file, can you post a new topic explaining this issue on the Logic Pro forum? viewforum.php?f=1