A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

fader8

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:00 am

mrduder wrote:
David wrote:
Raino, when you release the key, the volume of the sound is modulated by the release part of Envelope 4, so simply lengthen Envelope 4 to the length of the sample, and the whole sample will play even if you give one short press on that note on your MIDI controller.

ok so i did this but the volume is still not loud enough. i have all volumes in ultrabeat set to 0db and it's still not playing the sample at the correct level......

Start with the factory Drag & Drop Samples preset. Does it still play quieter when you audition it using UB's keyboard?
Music helps not the toothache.--George Herbert

G5Quad2.5, LP9.0.2,OSX.5.8,RME Digi&Multiface,002r, 4xUAD-1,Duende PCIe,Unitor8-AMT8,Logic Control+4 LCXT's,Capybara320,Kurz...

greensquare799

Re: Ultrabeat Sample Player (now w/velocity)

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi David,

Considering how your OG post was created 15 years prior, I'm not sure how active you are, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

My original reason for downloading the SamplePlayerVelocity.pst file was bc my Logic (10.0.2) doesn't have the "Drag & Drop Samples" dropdown menu option in Ultrabeat. Unfortunately, after downloading the file > moving it to my Plug-In Setting/Ultrabeat Folder, my Logic app totally crashed and wouldn't reopen.

I've tried:
- restarting my computer a few times
- trashing the .pst file
- didn't find any .logic preferences in my Preferences folder

Not sure if you're still active as an admin, but if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Greensquare799
Logic Pro X 10.0.2
iMac 2.7 GHz Quard Core i5 -- MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 -- 8 GB RAM

David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:11 pm

greensquare799 wrote:
Considering how your OG post was created 15 years prior, I'm not sure how active you are, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

I'm here every day! :lol:

greensquare799 wrote:
My original reason for downloading the SamplePlayerVelocity.pst file was bc my Logic (10.0.2) doesn't have the "Drag & Drop Samples" dropdown menu option in Ultrabeat. Unfortunately, after downloading the file > moving it to my Plug-In Setting/Ultrabeat Folder, my Logic app totally crashed and wouldn't reopen.

I've tried:
- restarting my computer a few times
- trashing the .pst file
- didn't find any .logic preferences in my Preferences folder

Not sure if you're still active as an admin, but if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Wow I'm certainly sorry to hear! Let's try to figure out why this is happening to you.

When you try to open Logic now, do you get an alert? What happens exactly?

If you click Logic in your dock to start opening it then immediately hold down Control and continue holding it, after a while you should get an alert allowing you to open Logic without launching the Core Audio engine, Can you do this?
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM

greensquare799

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:46 am

I just looked around (I'm new to the site), and realized you're THE (?) Site Admin? Lol

What happened was, I'd keep getting a Crash Report when trying to open the last project that I had opened after installing the .pst. The crash seemed to be identified in Thread 12 - I had no clue about all the coding jargon.

I did end up importing media from that 1 Project that crashed, to a fresh new project. That helped me redo some work.

I'm able to launch without Core Audio - can this help with debugging or removing the source of the Project crash?
Greensquare799
Logic Pro X 10.0.2
iMac 2.7 GHz Quard Core i5 -- MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 -- 8 GB RAM

David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author

Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:35 am

greensquare799 wrote:
I'm able to launch without Core Audio - can this help with debugging or removing the source of the Project crash?

It may help figure out where the issue is and in some cases fix the issue... if you want to help fix this project file, can you post a new topic explaining this issue on the Logic Pro forum? viewforum.php?f=1
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM