Ultrabeat Sample Player (now w/velocity)

This Ultrabeat Preset is to use Ultrabeat as a Sample Playback Sampler. Each voice has been reset to default settings and only the Osc 2 is used. It goes directly to the amp and there is no enveloppe. That way, playing the corresponding key will play the sample that is loaded in that voice, nothing more, nothing less.

As always in Ultrabeat, Samples #01 through #24 are mapped to C1 through B2, while Sample #25 is mapped to the rest of the keyboard, C3 and above. That allows to pitch the Sample #25, interesting to try with Drum Loops (their tempo will change accordingly).

Anyway, I suggest you download it and check it out. It's one of those 'plain vanilla' default setting that everyone should have in their library. Once installed, all you have to do is click on the red text at the top of the (empty) waveform window in Osc 2 (bottom left) that says "No Sample Loaded" and select "Load Sample", then locate the desired sample on your hard drive.

09/19/2006: I have updated the setting file and zeroed in every parameter of every voice, including all 4 envelopes. I have also added a setting that routes velocity to volume over a 44dB range (the volume will read differently in Ultrabeat, but the range spans -44dB to 0dB when compared to a sample placed on a zeroed in Audio track).

SamplePlayer.pst.zip

Move this file to ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Ultrabeat/

SamplePlayerVelocity.pst.zip

Move this file to ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Ultrabeat/

Edited by David Nahmani

Well.. it's a total mystery. I have no idea what happened to that .pst , but as soon as I try to save a new .pst that has an empty sample cell, it downloads as "E" and won't finish to download.

What I don't understand is why did it work so well at first and it doesn't anymore?

Meanwhile, if anyone who successfully downloaded the preset earlier wants to create a new thread and try to upload it, I would appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Okay, i got it working...but why are all the samples so low? I have to use a compressor to hear them....Is that normal?

The preset as it was was giving you -3dB on your samples. I have updated the preset, so I recommend everybody to redownload the new one, which respects the level of your samples.

The new one will play your samples at nominal level, meaning they will play on an Audio Instrument Track with the Fader set to 0 at the same level they would play if they were placed on an Audio Track with the Fader set to 0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...