Seperating identical midi values from eachother inside DAW

Hey all,

I'm not exactly sure my subject title was self-explanatory, lol. So i'm trying to explain it further here.

The thing is that i have two busses, each with an identical plugin. The thing is, when i monitor the output of the midi signal from both channels (With different monitors) in the environment, they both have the excact same channel and data byte. This confuses me, as i want to create a knob which moves both knobs inside both the plugins, in a different direction, when the knob is being turned.

ATM i'm using the transformer, but i need to know if it's true that even though the two identical plugins are on different aux channels, that it is possible they have the exact same channel midi code?

Thanks in advance!

The thing is that i have two busses, each with an identical plugin.

Are those Bus channel strips? Or Aux channel strips? Which plug-in is that exactly?

The thing is, when i monitor the output of the midi signal from both channels (With different monitors) in the environment, they both have the excact same channel and data byte.

Do you mean the fader data being sent out when you adjust a parameter inside a plug-in? If that's what you mean, the channel of a fader event depends on the insert slot number on the channel strip, not the channel strip itself. So what you could do is put the plug-ins on different slot numbers on the channel strip.

Other than that alternative, yes, nothing wrong with using a transformer to change the channel of one of the fader events.

Thanks for your reply :)

Sorry if i was a unclear.. I'm talking about bus channel strips. And the plugins are direction mixers. I want, by one knob added in the environment, be able to turn the direction on the direction mixers in both their opposite directions when i turn it. The thing is, when i monitor the midi output of the bus channel strips to see what values i have to affect, it shows the same fader channel (2) and data byte (1, for example.. cant remember correctly). I thought that by the fact that they are seperate bus channels, that they would contain different midi channel info, so i could affect them both from one knob through two transformers?

Cheers

Chris