Bypass Channel Strip Setting

@Rounik

I've just ran this through it's paces and it works but I have some questions....

1) How do you get it to un-cable? I can do this but it's inconsistent and I'm not sure what I doing right or wrong. I Option-select the cable port and choose instrument two. But back in the arrange, who knows what may end up being selected or deselected. It seems random.

2 The bypass effect is working for audio tracks that I cable to it but any plug in the top slot always which remains active. Why is that?

is there anyway I kind import david's template to a project fully developed?

Yes. There are several ways to do it, you can import the layer, drag and drop between to projects, copy/paste....Check the manual for details.

J.

wot should I drag and drop?, what should I import as layer or copy? the actual template? or the button within the project? Ta

Here's a more efficient macro I did for myself that's designed to companion to its own channel strip. Rather than have all the transformers, it just has a single sysex fader that spits out all the bypass/unbypass messages for all 16 slots.

Just cable the macro's output to a channel strip. Check the Inst box if you're using it on an instrument channel.

Fader 8 I'm trying your bypass now. After I copy your macro, it remains connected to the original channel strip. If I Select Cable Destination for the copy, a red cable is revealed but I cannot select it to delete it nor can I reroute it. How do I re-cable the copies to a new channel strip?

EDIT:

Ok, got that part sorted. After checking, then unchecking Protect Positions and Hide Cables, the cable would allow re-routing. Who knows why. At least that part works now.

One thing is still not working righ...

How do you "check" the instrument box? Is there a modifier key involved? Nothing seems to work here. I'm presuming that having this checked will enable the macro to select only the inserts and not the instrument? In your song file this does work although I don't see the check mark. In my song file, it doesn't work and I can't access the check function. What am I missing?

It is all pretty much functioning now. Turns out I don't actually need to see that check mark to be able to toggle the Instrument/Audio function for this macro. Just clicking in the blank space will toggle the setting and it's easy to test to see which one is operating by using the Enable button.

The check mark displays on Fader 8's channel strips but not on my own for some reason. Well, at this point, it's merely cosmetic. And it works. Thanks Fader8!

Checkmark.png.ca91c63191125ae1e5a5b7142075254d.png

Don't know either. I opened the fader text window a few times and the check mark was in there - and then it worked. Don't know what I did. Once I had one instance of that macro working by itself, I've added it to my template and imported it into a couple of songs. Works great. Thanks again.

@ trozombo

I just copied and pasted the macro between projects opened simultaneously. But I turned off Core Audio first to speed up the process.

• 3 months later...
Sure: first I inserted plug-ins on the channel strip, cabled the channel strip into a monitor and looked at the events created by bypassing the plug-ins. I know if I send those same events to the channel strip, it will bypass the plug-ins.

The button you're looking at is actually inside a macro. Open the environment and resize the macro a bit, then double-click it to unpack it.

You'll see a button cabled into 3 transformers, then into the channel strip.

The button generates one event: Fader #56, which is the insert bypass for the first slot.

The first transformer duplicates that event and adds 1 to the Fader #, bypassing the second slot.

The second transformer duplicates both events and adds 2, bypassing the third and forth slot.

The third transformer duplicates all 4 events and adds 4, bypassing slots 5 through 8.

And ... voila!!! 8)

Just wanted to say what a great post. This methodology can be applied to so many aspects of Logic :)

• 5 months later...

Hey guys. A question regarding the fx bypass, and environment in general. Is it possible to only bypass the plugins of the selected channel strip? Sometimes I would like to hear the A/B against the mix, but not have dedicated controls for every channel strip, which can be overwhelming in a large project :roll: .

thx!

Hey guys. A question regarding the fx bypass, and environment in general. Is it possible to only bypass the plugins of the selected channel strip? Sometimes I would like to hear the A/B against the mix, but not have dedicated controls for every channel strip, which can be overwhelming in a large project :roll: .

thx!

If you cable the button into the sequencer input (click and ports layer) then it will toggle the plug-ins of the selected track/channel strip.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a simple way to bypass all channel strips?

For God's sake, we don't need a rocket science procedures and external files to do this, right?

Also, how to switch solo tracks? If I click solo on an unsolo'd track while holding option key, it gives me exclusive solo for that track, but then I also lose solo selection of previous solo'd tracks, so I can't switch solo between them.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Reviving this old thread again. I´ve created a nice macro button based on David´s "bypass all" template (or at least using it as a reference while learning). I´ve cabled everything ready, and the button works.

Is there any way at all, to show my button/fader/whatnot in the mixer? Or do I have to open a midi enivorment window every time I want to use it (or assign a hardware midi switch)? If it´s not possible, which I suspect, then I don´t understand why there are several options for customizing the GUI of the buttons/faders.

Andreas

this rules so much!! I have two ideas for how I'd like to customize this. Would be amazing if anyone had hints towards an approach: I would like the bypass button to also bypass the bus plugins.

The other thing, which I am guessing is not possible, would be to have the button only bypass and un-bypass plugins that were previously not-bypassed....so that plugins you were likely to use could always remain off until you decide on them

• 1 year later...
Sure: first I inserted plug-ins on the channel strip, cabled the channel strip into a monitor and looked at the events created by bypassing the plug-ins. I know if I send those same events to the channel strip, it will bypass the plug-ins.

The button you're looking at is actually inside a macro. Open the environment and resize the macro a bit, then double-click it to unpack it.

You'll see a button cabled into 3 transformers, then into the channel strip.

The button generates one event: Fader #56, which is the insert bypass for the first slot.

The first transformer duplicates that event and adds 1 to the Fader #, bypassing the second slot.

The second transformer duplicates both events and adds 2, bypassing the third and forth slot.

The third transformer duplicates all 4 events and adds 4, bypassing slots 5 through 8.

And ... voila!!!  8)

David, is there a way to distinguish between midi fx plugins and regular plugins. It seems that both start from events 56 and upwards and this makes it impossible to turn of midi plugins with the same method as provided in your template.