Bypass Channel Strip Setting

Here's an environment with a single switch to bypass the whole channel strip setting (all the plug-ins on a channel strip).

This one will bypass up to 8 plug-ins, but you can easily add more transformers inside the macro to bypass more. If there is interest for this template I can tweak it further.

Currently a single switch for Audio 1, but you can option drag it in the environment to create copies for any CSS.

BypassCSS.lso.zip

Sure: first I inserted plug-ins on the channel strip, cabled the channel strip into a monitor and looked at the events created by bypassing the plug-ins. I know if I send those same events to the channel strip, it will bypass the plug-ins.

The button you're looking at is actually inside a macro. Open the environment and resize the macro a bit, then double-click it to unpack it.

You'll see a button cabled into 3 transformers, then into the channel strip.

The button generates one event: Fader #56, which is the insert bypass for the first slot.

The first transformer duplicates that event and adds 1 to the Fader #, bypassing the second slot.

The second transformer duplicates both events and adds 2, bypassing the third and forth slot.

The third transformer duplicates all 4 events and adds 4, bypassing slots 5 through 8.

And ... voila!!! 8)

• 1 year later...

Hey David,

I am having trouble unpacking the macro.

So the by pass button is inside a macro, when i double click it just toggles between the muted and unmuted plugs.

I know I must be doing something simply wrong as I understand the rest of what you did, I just cant access the transformers.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

Hi,

Here's a "Bypass all FX on all Channel strips" template based on David's template. So, a big thank you to David for this really ;-)

It might be essentially the same as the original. The difference being that there is one button which you'll need to cable to all audio channel strips and another button specifically for soft. inst. channel strips.

Cable the buttons to their respective channels & voila you can bypass ALL insert fx in your project.

ULTIMATE BYPASS FX.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Is there a enviroment 'creating a macro tute' anywhere on this forum.

I am trying to duplicate both Ronnie eggs and Davids ' effects by pass templates', but i cant seem to work out the 'creating a macro' stage.

If someone could give the time to jot a down a step by step way of by-passing one channel strip having 5 effects on it ,I would greatly appreciate this.

This is driving me crazy and making feel stupid at the same time,not a good combination for productivity.

This is what I am doing as a basic template:

1 Create a new project.

2 Create a new track [1] and add 5 plugins on it.

3 Open the enviroment window showing the 'mixer'

4 Create a new monitor in the "New' pull down options list

5 Cable from the channel strip [1] into the monitor

6 'Option/Click on each plugin which mutes it and send the relevant information to the monitor.

7 Where to now? If I create a macro logic crashes.

Any advice would be gold.

Thanks

The Snowdon,

The easiest thing would be to take a look inside either David's or my Macro's.

To do this double click on an empty area within the Macro.

A Macro is simply a collection of objects in the Environment all inside one box. A Macro can have one input and one output.

The input should be named: "Macro-In", and the output should be called "Macro-Out".

If you cannot open a Macro or there is no empty space to double click on, select the Macro and resize it. To resize any object in the Environment, select it and drag the little square box in the lower right corner.

Once you've opened the Macro, you can start to explore the connections and the objects and what messages they are sending to the connected Channel Strips.

There are more in depth video based Environment tutorials and TNT tutorials that deal with how to get around and be creative in the Environment at macProVideo (see my signature below).

The first step IMHO, is to create a New Monitor and cable the Channel strip to the Monitor, bypass the first three plug-ins. You'll see fader info appear in the Monitor display. This is the data you want to send to the channel strips ;-)

Cheers

Rounik

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Here's a "Bypass all FX on all Channel strips" template based on David's template. So, a big thank you to David for this really ;-)

It might be essentially the same as the original. The difference being that there is one button which you'll need to cable to all audio channel strips and another button specifically for soft. inst. channel strips.

Cable the buttons to their respective channels & voila you can bypass ALL insert fx in your project.

Hi i want to try this but when i unzip it there is a folder called LgDoc then 2 files in that folder called displayState & documentData what do i do with these?

Hi i want to try this but when i unzip it there is a folder called LgDoc then 2 files in that folder called displayState & documentData what do i do with these?

Weird - how do you unzip the file? It should give you only one file, BypassCSS.lso, which is a Logic Song file.

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

Weird - how do you unzip the file? It should give you only one file, BypassCSS.lso, which is a Logic Song file.

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

I loaded yours up fine as this is great what you have done so i want to teach myself how to do this,the file i am talking about is the one further down in RonnieEgg post i want to check out what he has done also! but i have never seen these type of files before can you tell me what i do with them?

Will you download this Zip that RonnieEgg has posted & please tell me how i get this in Logic

http://www.logicprohelp.com/download.php?id=5290

I loaded yours up fine as this is great what you have done so i want to teach myself how to do this,the file i am talking about is the one further down in RonnieEgg post i want to check out what he has done also! but i have never seen these type of files before can you tell me what i do with them?

Try this file? (I have added the ".logic" extension).

ULTIMATE BYPASS FX.logic.zip

Try this file? (I have added the ".logic" extension).

No luck it unzips the same as the other one there is not ISO for me,are these files like this because your on Leopard?

Do i have to import these into Logic?

It's a Logic 8 file - you can't open it in Logic 7. Sorry!

Ah! ok! i'am upgrading to Logic Studio soon so it all good! thanks for the help :D

PS:But that is really cool what you have done bypassing full strips!

I'am going to try to set up one for each strip & i want to set up one that bypasses all effect plugins!

This is really cool stuff!

Here's an environment with a single switch to bypass the whole channel strip setting (all the plug-ins on a channel strip).

This one will bypass up to 8 plug-ins, but you can easily add more transformers inside the macro to bypass more. If there is interest for this template I can tweak it further.

Currently a single switch for Audio 1, but you can option drag it in the environment to create copies for any CSS.

David will you please! make this without it bypassing the actual instrument & bypass all instrument fx instead of 7 i have tryed to do this but keep failing!

I will then put one of these over each channel strip!

Hi Monty

Here is one button to rule them all ;)

... one button that will bypass only FX on Software Instrument Channel Strips.

You can connect this button to multiple Channel strips if you wish.

Wicked mate thanks for doing this thats very kind of you & works great! how good is this bypassing i love it! i am also using your other one you posted to bypass all channels as well!

This will be part of my Logic setup from now on so what you have done here has gone to very good use so thanks again! :D

Thanks to David to! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I''m having trouble with this. Your Logic file opens fine, but I'm trying to recreate that button in my Logic template. There doesn't seem to be a way to create a "button" in the environment. Is it maybe an "ornament"?

Furthermore, I'm unable to unpack the macro. I don't see a macro in your template. All I see is a button, with cables going up to the edge of the window and disappearing.

When I double click quickly on the button it just bypasses the inserts. It doesn't unpack.

Please help

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a more efficient macro I did for myself that's designed to companion to its own channel strip. Rather than have all the transformers, it just has a single sysex fader that spits out all the bypass/unbypass messages for all 16 slots.

Just cable the macro's output to a channel strip. Check the Inst box if you're using it on an instrument channel.

If you want the cool button as shown in the pic, you can get it here:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=54853

BypassAll.jpg.26d892965634573697ab89ddca9788da.jpg

f8_Plug-In_Bypass_All.logic.zip

Cool button ... lol

Nice find Fader, isn't amazing what some of Logic can do?

Based off David' original bypass envionment, we did all this back in jul '09. Wow how time flies. :?

Here is how it all progressed ...

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=42590&highlight=ref

Ski even refined his version of the Mixer snapshot environment.

BTW, your "figure 2" is missing.

It's always been there on my comp screen, sometimes they don't show up like the avatars.

Ski,

New idea. What about SYSEX (not sex) to do some of these things?

"...Note: SysEx faders can actually be used for any kind of MIDI event, making them handy

for sending ordered batches of messages, such as mixer or control panel snapshots—

with one click of the mouse."

:shock:

Oh the possibilities... Quick, someone tell me this won't work before I get a boner.

352274291_Picture1.gif.3ae20eefdce43c41f3b6eee4fc40d9ec.gif

• 10 months later...
Hello,

Is there a enviroment 'creating a macro tute' anywhere on this forum.

I am trying to duplicate both Ronnie eggs and Davids ' effects by pass templates', but i cant seem to work out the 'creating a macro' stage.

If someone could give the time to jot a down a step by step way of by-passing one channel strip having 5 effects on it ,I would greatly appreciate this.

This is driving me crazy and making feel stupid at the same time,not a good combination for productivity.

This is what I am doing as a basic template:

1 Create a new project.

2 Create a new track [1] and add 5 plugins on it.

3 Open the enviroment window showing the 'mixer'

4 Create a new monitor in the "New' pull down options list

5 Cable from the channel strip [1] into the monitor

6 'Option/Click on each plugin which mutes it and send the relevant information to the monitor.

7 Where to now? If I create a macro logic crashes.

Any advice would be gold.

Thanks

Excuse my total logic ignorance but when you say

create a new monitor in the new pull down options???

Im in logic 9 and cant see anything like it. Also cable the channel strip to monitor, how do I do this????also to create the macro ????

Thanks I really want to learn to do this, but im frustrated with my lack of logic terminology.

trozombo, you need to open the environment window first (Command+8 ).

J.

yep realise soon after posting, but still couldnt get around this trick. Way out my league. After creating the monitor and cable it to the channel strip in question, I create the macro and logic ask to select the objects for the macro and thats it full stop for me. is there anyway I kind import david's template to a project fully developed?