Logic Pro X Custom Icon Collection

Greetings Everyone,

I'm a noobie posting, so I hope this is the right place to share this. I saw the AU Collection thread, but figured it might be more clear to have a separate thread for folks to share there LPX icons that aren't AU specific.

As a thank you to all the amazing contributors of this site, I will post a collection of customized TIFF Logic X friendly icons from my studio. I spent allot of time gathering and editing these as they are essential to how I compose and manage large sessions with many different sounds from around the globe. There are several zip folders I'll add if folks like the first batch. They are all tested and working great at different resolution sizes in LPX 10.0.7. Some are layered Tiff and others are just at the highest rez specs and seem to make no difference.

My custom collection is mainly focused on world instruments as I'm a Brazilian multi-instrumentalist & aspiring engineer, but I have others in the collection for World percussion (shekere, etc), winds (i.e. didgeridoo, etc.) & strings (charango, etc). This first batch is for world drums.

Hope you all enjoy and please share your quality custom icons as well so we can all pull up that perfect icon for the track... I think it even makes it sound better. :D

All the best,

~pm

p.s. - of course to load these and use them in LPX, you still have to do the whole hack in the frameworks file. It's not that bad. Making good icons takes most of the time and is why I am sharing. Be sure to backup your Resource file of course in case logic wipes the file in an update.

Links to more details on how to do it:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97020

http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/customizing-logic-pro-x-icons--audio-21134

Preview of some of the icons:

WorldDrumIcons.thumb.jpg.f3d6292abcd803599b14500de43f74b8.jpg

WorldDrum_LPXicons.zip

Custom LPX Icons - World Drums

• 1 month later...

These are great - thanks.

I hope every Logic user will remind Apple that they should be making it EASIER, not harder, for users to create and share their own icons. Really disappointed that LPX has taken a step backward in this regard.

Thanks for your efforts.

T

• 3 years later...