A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

asinla

Re: Presonus FaderPort and Logic Pro X: How to Setup for 100% Functionality

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Ok so I finally finished my series and have time to get back to this.

I checked using midi monitor and it seems the Faderport is intermittent in its continuous data.

Sometimes when I leave my finger on the fader without moving it it will continue to transmit that data (latch) and sometimes it stops transmitting.

I don't know if this is an issue with only my faderport or a larger Mac issue.

I'm open to suggestions.
Logic X 10.4.2 , 2.4 GHz Twelve Core, 64GB RAM, Apollo Quad

stoof100

Thu May 25, 2017 12:19 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH -- this worked immediately.

A question : I dont have a Modulation wheel on my MIDI controller. And i would LOVE to be able to user the Faderport to do automate Modulation... 

Am I right in saying that your "Additional Controller Mode" could allow me to do this? You mentioned that you set it to Smart Controls, but how would it be possible to set it to Modulation ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Stoof

kaboomer

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:13 am

Hey - I'd love to get more detail about using the fader to control different parameters as well. I'm interested primarily in quickly switching between volume, pan, and sends - writing animation in Touch mode for each parameter. Is this possible with this "Additional Controller Mode"? (haven't bought the Faderport yet, but I will if I can use the hardware to do this)

Thanks! ~ Mike 
Mac Mini 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | 10.14.6 | Logic Pro 10.5 | UA Apollo Twin Thunderbolt Duo | UA Firewire Satellite Duo

greengo

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 am

Where can I find the file com.apple.logic.pro.cs on OS Sierra? I'm running Logic pro 10.3.2.

scottkrk
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

For those asking about further customisation it has been 18 months since I did the CS file and I have forgotten most of the details but I am happy to share my approach.

• Use MIDI Monitor to tell you what MIDI the Faderport is sending to Logic and what MIDI Logic is sending to the FaderPort.
  • Read the Logic Pro X Control Surface Support and understand "Controller Assignments Expert view” and particularly “Use zones and modes”.
  • Always back up, version and document your .cs files as you go.
  • Be prepared to spend some time if you don't have any programming experience.

It would be great if Presonus and Apple worked together and provided native support especially considering the FaderPort range has expanded with an 8 and 16 fader version, but I am not holding my breath ....
Logic 10.4.4, macOS 10.14.6, iMac (late 2012) i7 3.4GHz 16GB UA Apollo 8 Blackface and Logic 10.4.4, macOS 10.14.6, MBP (early 2015) i5 2.9 GHz 8GB internal audio

asinla

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:19 am

Welll this is awful......
I got an NI S88 Keyboard Controller and after adding it to Control Surfaces, my Faderport will no longer go into Controller Mode ( Output and Bank buttons ) which means the automation fader modes are not working. Or any other added functionality.
I have removed all Control Surfaces form Logic, started fropm the beginning adding the Faderport.bundle, then adding scottkrk's .cs pref file and still nothing.

Any ideas anyone?
Logic X 10.4.2 , 2.4 GHz Twelve Core, 64GB RAM, Apollo Quad

lomlonde

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks Scott for making this available—it seems really great! I just got my FaderPort and followed your installation instructions and, while most of the functionality you described is there, the motor on the fader is no longer working and the feedback lights under the buttons aren't turning on. Am I missing something? I hope so because I'd love to be able to use your preferences!

gurner

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 pm

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... /210040213

This should make it work, I hope so as I've just ordered one!
2010 Mac Pro 2.8 GHz Quad Xeon 16 GB RAM - OSX 10.13.6

Logic Pro X 10.4.2

Focusrite Saffire Pro 14

lomlonde

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:59 am

Oh cool! Great to see they're still supporting it :)
I ended up returning mine and ordering the new version once I saw it was coming out. It just arrived—so far so good!