Motif XF Template

Logic Motif Template All Banks.zip

Hi 

Attached is a Motif XF Template for Logic. 

Broadly the idea was to map successive banks in the Motif to midi channels. Of course you can change this, but it provides a starting point. 

There are 7 stereo instruments set to receive channels 1 through 14 via firewire from the motif. If you don’t have the FW16E card then you’d need to point these at where your motif connects to your sound card.

This works best in song or pattern modes and channel one with voice mode. If you want to use other channels with voice mode have to set midi receive on the motif to omni.

One of the cool things about voice mode is it also "listens" to changes made on the motif, so if you select a patch on the motif it will update the patch in Logic. I can't get this going in song mode and I'm guessing this is because the buttons are controlling the motif's mixer, track selection etc. etc. 

The holy grail for me would be to have it replicate the song settings from the motif into Logic's midi mixer. This seems tantalisingly close to working in that the logic midi mixer does talk to the motif song mixer even without remote being on...However, the only way I can get that working currently is sysex.

Unfortunately, the reverse is not true, the motif song mixer channels only talk to channel one in Logic unless I'm missing a setting somewhere. I tried setting up a GM mixer object in the environment but that also only seemed to respond to channel one. That said, I'm not an environment whizzkid, so maybe its possible. 

Regards

Edited by gregor_liddell