Groove Templates For All Ya'll Logic Freaks (Update)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the grooves guys!

I'd love to get my hands on the 909 / 808 grooves also. File doesnt not want to play ball.

Did anyone get them sorted?

Tried renaming it .lso - but its saying that you need L7.2 or earlier to open. Dont know if thats just a freaky error that I've created by doing so, but regardless to say - its not happening either way! LOL

If anyone got them out / has them - it would be greatly appreciated! 8) 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the grooves guys!

I'd love to get my hands on the 909 / 808 grooves also. File doesnt not want to play ball.

Did anyone get them sorted?

Tried renaming it .lso - but its saying that you need L7.2 or earlier to open. Dont know if thats just a freaky error that I've created by doing so, but regardless to say - its not happening either way! LOL

If anyone got them out / has them - it would be greatly appreciated! 8) 8)

i think it was midi files, you had to change the .logic for a .mid to get it to work.

i don't know why it got the wrong extension added to it.

i think it was midi files, you had to change the .logic for a .mid to get it to work.

i don't know why it got the wrong extension added to it.

That was a bug in 9.1.1.

Fixed in 9.1.2:

Resolves an issue from Logic 9.1.1 which forced exported MIDI files to have a .logic extension rather than the .mid extension.

J.

krikorola,

Thank you so much - You are a legend Mate 8)

There are lots of people who will be delighted about this! Theres a couple of Threads over on GS about ya! Really appreciate you doing it all again for us.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/524439-roland-tr-909-midi-groove-templates-anyone-got-them-share-care-make-them.html

I've DL'd them & they're all working nicely.

Best of luck!

J

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

first off....WOW!

thx to everyone for these settings, got to play with the mpc ones a bit and liked it a lot.

one question though, is it possible for these to show up under the groove template for a project that i've done in the past?

i believe i've followed the instructions right of copying the grooves then make template and save the project as a template

which when opened they're in there.....

only way i was able to do it was to open up the saved logic project/template then copy the packed folder and pasted onto

a track in an existing project.

thx....

A template is just a Logic project file. If you'd like to import the groove templates into a file other than a template file, just proceed the same way: import the MIDI regions into your project, select them and choose "Make Groove Template" from the Quantize menu.

thx david..... I get that part but what I meant was once you choose 'make groove template' why is it that it doesn't show in the quantize groove section

all the time? why do I have to import it for every project I need to use it?

unless I'm doing something wrong that's the scenario on my end...

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Are these even meant to work with Logic Pro X? I got version 10.4.6

When i load Drum Machines MIDI Groove Templates.lso there are all the machines on different tracks, like i think it supposed to but then what? (..Do i need to make a beat with one of my vsti and somehow attach my track to one of those machine tracks to get the quantization?)

When i load autoload.iso there's grand piano, flute etc.. on different tracks also, but what's even point in this..

I got two of these packs : Groove Templates For Logic & Groove Templates upd, they seemed to be all the same, except there's "Cubase shuffle" in the update pack (Drum Machines MIDI Groove Templates.lso)

Help, Help! I wanna really try this out..