Groove Templates For All Ya'll Logic Freaks (Update)

some of the classic drum machines and samplers (MPC included of course :roll: :lol: ) groove templates in two .lso files, in one as quantization templates ready for usage and in the other as midi sequences used in the quantization templates extraction for the first one, so u can have them physically.

a bit more detailed content description is inside the archive

update 09.26.2007: a new archive "Logic Groove Templates (upd).rar" uploaded with additional Oberheim DX templates and a single Roland TR-808 quantization template

have fun

Groove Templates For Logic.rar

Groove Templates

Logic Groove Templates (upd).rar

Edited by Bayan

Literally just this afternoon in the airport, awaiting a flight home, II watched John Silverman's Seattle User Group "Round Trip" presentation, in which he referred to these, or something like them. He said they were "all over the web," but my Google searches didn't bring up any site that worked. And here ya got 'em!

Here's hoping I can install it all correctly. Thanks very much!

cb

beat.ethics said:
pardon my ignorance, i hear a lot about these groove templates, but im not exactly sure what they are.

is it velocity grooves or quantization?

He discussed only the quantization (unless I missed something):

{broken link removed by admin}

"Round Trip Beat Making" at the bottom of the page.

Clip two, about 9-10 minutes into it.

How can I load the grooves into my own Logic startup template and keep them there always without them disappearing at next startup?

BTW...thanks for your contribution. I will download this.

the "tedious" job of extracting the templates i did already :)

there is an autoload.lso file in the archive with the templates appearing in the quantization list, hope u have already found that out

if u need the midis, then just copy-paste them from the second .lso file into your own project Arrange window

pardon my ignorance, i hear a lot about these groove templates, but im not exactly sure what they are.

is it velocity grooves or quantization?

these only deal with quantization, no velocity fluctuations have been spotted

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really hate when I feel like I'm an asking a stupid question..but..wth...

I've spent a lot of time creating a new 'default' template for my Logic 8 rig..How do I get the quantize templates from your files into mine?

step by step..I'm feeling rather lame today. :)

sure does seem to me that this is a weird 'coding' issue for Logic..Shouldn't all these kinds of files be located in one universal place like

~\library\application support\logic?????? Just seems like that would make more sense...

I really hate when I feel like I'm an asking a stupid question..but..wth...

I've spent a lot of time creating a new 'default' template for my Logic 8 rig..How do I get the quantize templates from your files into mine?

step by step..I'm feeling rather lame today. :)

sure does seem to me that this is a weird 'coding' issue for Logic..Shouldn't all these kinds of files be located in one universal place like

~\library\application support\logic?????? Just seems like that would make more sense...

really have no idea how this all works on Mac in Logic 8, i compiled these on PC in Logic 5.3, but to my understanding u should just use the autoload file included in the archive, although i'm not sure it's compatible with Mac and/or Logic 8

i'm not aware of a method of transfering templates from one file into another, other than just using the midi sequences (also included) and extracting the templates from them in a new file. In Logic 5.3 the templates are stored within the project file itself

since so far no one has reported any problems using these with newer versions of Logic i assume they work, maybe Logic 8 users could help

Updated:

This is how i manage to have the quantize files working in Logic 8.

1) Startup your custom template.

2) Go to File menu, open Drum Machines MIDI Groove Templates.lso. Drag the Midi files to your custom template arrange window.

3) You can pack them into a folder and on the Option menu, select groove templates and make groove templates. All the quantize will appear on your MIDI THRU box.

4) Lastly, hide the folder.

Save i as template and everytime you launch Logic 8, the midi quantize will be there.

Cheers

Edited by davidgary73

Hi, this is my first post here, I've been looking for these templates forever! I can import them to Logic 8 no problem and they work fine under the original .lso, but as soon as I save the file as a template (having edited it to my specifications) all the quantize options disappear! I guess i'll take the long route as explained above...Thanks for the workaround..

make sure to check out pg 461/462 in the Logic 8 manual.

Ok..ya'll feel free to open up the L8 file here and tell me if it's working for you. I'm heading over to the SUGGESTIONS PAGE now..

Hey dkgross,

I tried out your template and does work. I have updated my post in making the quantize work for Logic 8 (up 4 post). I read on your suggestion page and i totally agree with you that these should have a library instead of scrolling the 100 list to find the quantize we want.

Thanks Dave.

Cheers

Anyway, i complied all the Midi quantize and made it to Logic 8 template. Here's the MIDI Groove Template for Logic 8.

MIDI Groove Template.logic.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for supplying these grooves, they're a welcome addition to the list!

However, I found it very difficult to navigate the list, so I took the liberty of stripping it down to make it easier.

I've done away with a lot of the swing variations. I'm figuring I can achieve a good result using the Q values in the parameter (oh sorry, the INSPECTOR if your using 8 :roll:) box.

I've also renumbered things so they appear in a numerical order.

Have fun! (copyright Steve Horelick macprovideo)

Andy

Groove Template Edit.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ive downloaded davidgarys logic 8 groove templates file, opened it up, put the folder of groove templates into my arrange page in MY auto load arrange window on audio track1, then gone to options, groove templates, and make groove template - i get all the templates in my quantize list, save my auto load file but then when i quit logic and reload my auto load song the templates are gone, just the ones that come with logic appear again.

Any help on this would really be appreciated as i'm dying to get these in my projects.

thanks guys, well done for the work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is for Matty aka Da Boogie Smith requested through MySpace

(couldn't reply u on MySpace cuz u neither accept non-friends messaging nor do you accept friend requests from bands :? )

not sure about the archive version u downloaded, cuz there's Logic 8 converted project file posted here.

make sure the archive is one that i posted. There's an autoload.lso file which is a Logic 5 format project file, u just open it in Logic like any other project file, the templates should already be included in the Matrix view Quantize menu. If not, then u open another project file included in the archive with the templates in midi format.

hope u get the message and it helps 8)

Edited by Bayan

Anyone's got Drumtraxx and LinnDrum grooves available? i already asked in another post but as this one is aimed to the grooves templates...

would be nice to have them too and expand the collection, holla when you find them :wink: