Klopfgeist clipping at different levels on different projects

i was trying to create a click track and i first opened up a new session and loaded up the Klopfgeist, i usually set the volume on the instrument to 12db and the track volume to 6db, basically crank everything, and the track clipped at 6.1db which is normally what i see. After finishing the song i moved on to another song and another session where i did the same thing, opened up the klopfgeist and set the volume to 12db and the track to 6db but this time i noticed the track peaking at 10.8 db. why is there such a difference in the clipping level with the same settings?

• 3 weeks later...
i was trying to create a click track and i first opened up a new session and loaded up the Klopfgeist, i usually set the volume on the instrument to 12db and the track volume to 6db, basically crank everything, and the track clipped at 6.1db which is normally what i see. After finishing the song i moved on to another song and another session where i did the same thing, opened up the klopfgeist and set the volume to 12db and the track to 6db but this time i noticed the track peaking at 10.8 db. why is there such a difference in the clipping level with the same settings?

You might want to try just going back to the original project with the Klopfgeist settings you like and saving it as a preset. I have very specific click settings I like and saved it as a preset. Now anytime I need it, it’s right there in the preset menu, ready to load into any project.

As far as why your seeing different levels with the same settings, it could be a number of things. First thing I would check is to make sure your output and master channels are set at unity (0) in each project.