Environment Toolkit for Logic Pro X (from Len Sasso at Swiftkick)

Hi, thanks to some posts on this forum I was able to download the toolkit from swiftkick (http://www.swiftkick.com/).

I'm reading the pdfs, and find it very interesting.

But unfortunately, all the concrete examples seems to be delivered as .lso files which my version of logic pro can't open (it basically tells me to open them in logic pro 7.2.1, then

save them and try again). But I don't have access to logic pro 7.

Does by any chance anybody have those .lso files converted for logic pro X (and willing to share them) ?

It seems that the knowledge in those files is very valuable, and yet lost for the basic user (like me). That would be so cool if somebody could just make that knowledge available again.

Hoping, cheers.

Here it is, from the depths of the vault.

Many thanks to the ever ingenuous Len Sasso who bravely mapped out this hitherto widely uncharted territory.

Note that this all comes from Logic 4.x, so a great many objects look differently than they did back then and I will not guarantee that every patch works, but hey, it's free.

environment toolkit.lso.zip

Yes. It's chapter 3, Environment Tools, in its entirety.

There's also the chapter 4 Environment Examples project which I dug up just now. However, while this runs fine in Logic X 4.4, it's completely destroyed in Logic X 4.8. It's the use of Macros which makes it implode. Proceed with caution.

Given that time is not exactly short in the current situation, I might just sit down one day and extract all the Macros in X.4.4.

Environment Examples.zip

You're welcome.

The Macros thing is something that actually happened way back (transition from L9 to LPX, maybe ?) but I still remember being badly stuck with corrupted Macros all over the place. They didn't work at all for a couple of versions, then they somehow recovered, and now those old Macros are broken again in 4.8 (4.5 possibly, since that's where much has changed under the hood).

They need to be unpacked in a safe version up to 4.4, then be packed in 4.5 or up.

That's great, thank you so much Christian for providing these. I remember asking Len if that was okay for us to host more recent versions of his files and I remember him agreeing, yet I couldn't find the files so I can't remember if I ever translated and uploaded them somewhere. But now here it is. I'm moving this to the template section.

Ok, here are two versions of the Environment Examples.

In one, all Macros unpacked.

In the other, all unpacked Macros are packed into Macros again.

Either both or at least one version should work in 4.5 and up. I haven't tested any of these, so watch your step.

Yes. It's chapter 3, Environment Tools, in its entirety.

which book is that?

Is that chapter three from this one?: https://www.amazon.com/Emagic-Logic-Tips-Tricks-Sasso/dp/1870775856/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=len+sasso&qid=1585256895&sr=8-3

There is also this much older document: http://www.lipscomb.umn.edu/docs/MusicTech/LogicEnvironmentTutorial.pdf