AU Icon Collection

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
you have to put them into logic package. i've done this way:

control+click on logic application>show package content>content>resource>icon(or images i don't remeber).

i named them just with number (12.png).

it must work!

I didnt even dig that deep and mine works fine

1. Go to Library/Application Support/Logic

There should be an image folder in there, if not, then:

2. Make a folder on your desktop named "images". go inside that folder and make another one called "icons". Drag this folder to the above location. You will be promted for your system password (folder is protected)

3. Drag your numbered icons into this folder and then start Logic.

Done!

EDIT: make sure you drop the "images" folder into Application Support/Logic

NOPE! It most certainly does not work for me in Logic Pro 9.1.8. `followed instructions exactly, then opened Logic and clicked on Icon on Arrange page track header and the new png image I had previously put in Images/icons was not there. But then I am not surprised either because clearly all the icons which came with Logic cannot be in a new folder I just made up - they have to reside in another folder, so my new png image sits in a folder of its own and is not being referenced by the Logic application. I cannot see how this 'make your own folder' process would work therefore - its "illogical Captain"! How would Logic know to serach two separate folders to build its database of icons - IT MAKES NO SENSE!

NOPE! It most certainly does not work for me in Logic Pro 9.1.8. `followed instructions exactly, then opened Logic and clicked on Icon on Arrange page track header and the new png image I had previously put in Images/icons was not there. But then I am not surprised either because clearly all the icons which came with Logic cannot be in a new folder I just made up - they have to reside in another folder, so my new png image sits in a folder of its own and is not being referenced by the Logic application. I cannot see how this 'make your own folder' process would work therefore - its "illogical Captain"! How would Logic know to serach two separate folders to build its database of icons - IT MAKES NO SENSE!

The instructions you quoted are correct. Logic 9 manual:

You can create your own icons for tracks. User-created icons are saved in the following folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons. (...) You also have the option of directly replacing the built-in Logic Pro icons, which are found in the /Contents/Resources/Images folder in the Logic Pro package.

Source: http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=9%26section=12%26tasks=true

It works as expected here in Logic Pro 9.1.8. Make sure the folder names are capitalized (Images/Icons).

Hi David.

Thanks. Excuse my slowness. I am concerned that I might replace the built-in Logic icons my mistake if I click the wrong thing in teh latter part of the process you referred to above. I have not capitalized the folder names and maybe that's why it failed? If they are capitalized when I make the folders, will I lose all my original built-in icons and be left only with the one icon I have added (correction- one I HOPE to add!)?