AU Icon Collection

Using these makes my job much easier visually to single out what is what.

Let me know if you have any requests.

I will try and add them in my spare time.

For those of you who don't know how to add custom icons, you must add a 3 digit number to the prefix of the filenames and then place them in

Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/

Enjoy!

Note from mod: this user removed his images from this post, but you can download the icons at http://www.logicprohelp.com/index.php?file=logicicons.

oh wow, THANKS SO MUCH!!! ace of dubs! and thanks ones again :D ,

but i have a problem... my icon folder is located in logic -> package contents -> recources -> icons, but when i stick those pngs in this folder they do not show up in logic, i dod not quiet understand the bit you wrote:

For those of you who don't know how to add custom icons, you must add a 3 digit number to the prefix of the filenames and then place them in

Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/

i tried to add a 3 digit number to the prefix of the file names, but no succsess???

i mean i tried several versions like bassline303.123png or bassline303.png123 or bassline303123.png or 123bassline303.png and also not doing anthing and just sticking them in the folder... no succsess????

or do i have to create aN ICON folder in the pass ace of dubs sugested???

can anyone help me out???

thanks in advance!!!

put the three digit number as a PREFIX

"001albino.png"

"002atmosphere.png"

If you do not have the directory I specified, then you must create those folders and then this will work for sure...

In the meantime, here are some more NI icons

Note from mod: this user removed his images from this post, but you can download the icons at http://www.logicprohelp.com/index.php?file=logicicons.

Arturia icons are next..

Edited by Ace of Dubs

you have to put them into logic package. i've done this way:

control+click on logic application>show package content>content>resource>icon(or images i don't remeber).

i named them just with number (12.png).

it must work!

I didnt even dig that deep and mine works fine

1. Go to Library/Application Support/Logic

There should be an image folder in there, if not, then:

2. Make a folder on your desktop named "images". go inside that folder and make another one called "icons". Drag this folder to the above location. You will be promted for your system password (folder is protected)

3. Drag your numbered icons into this folder and then start Logic.

Done!

EDIT: make sure you drop the "images" folder into Application Support/Logic

Edited by Ace of Dubs

Go to Library/Application Support/Logic

There should be an image folder in there

i duno ... i hav several machines, with several flavours of logic 7

and none hav this images folder.

*oh by the way - thanks 4 the pngs - i'll defo use em when i get round to sorting

this images thang. :D

i duno ... i hav several machines, with several flavours of logic 7

and none hav this images folder.

Mine didnt have the folder either. So made one and dropped it in...works like a charm.

prudo wrote:

y

ou have to put them into logic package. i've done this way:

control+click on logic application>show package content>content>resource>icon(or images i don't remeber).

i named them just with number (12.png).

it must work!

i believe you! but i tried this exactly that way... no succsess for me! :( , but i will try the way ace of dubs suggested... keep you posted, hopefully that works, would be nice, thou... :D , and hey thanks again for all the great icons and the help so far...

ooo any of Izotope, minimonsta, elemental audio, fishfillets, psp ones wud b gud :D

ok this was posted by SSteve on le OSXAudio forum ... and works for me.

i created the "Images" & "Icons" folders ... then just dropped them in.

These will all work ("~" is shorthand for your Home directory):

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/087.png

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/87.png

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/087 Birdy.png

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/87 Birdy.png

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/087.png

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/87.png

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/087 Birdy.png

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Images/Icons/87 Birdy.png

As you can see, the number at the beginning of the filename does not have to be three digits. But (in my experiments anyway) it does have to be less than or equal to 324.

Also, keep in mind that the /Library/Application Support/Logic folder is read-only so if you want to make changes there, you need to mess with permissions.

~ j ~

you are a freakin' STAR, you know what was the problem... what a co-insidence...

i named them 324 (originally) and above... that's it, the number has to be under the value of 324,

THANKS< THANKS< THANKS :D :D :D ,

cheers and thanks again.

and i placed the folder Images-> Icons into the *system* library-> logic folder, it's working!!!

and by the way guys, don't you think that this wonderfull collection should be a sticker... here on logic pro help, so that it does not get *burried* after a while... and you never know, maybee the one or other buys an additional synth and is looking for an icon after a while, i guess this thread should be a sticker... David???