"Pro-Tools-esque" Environment

I (like many) am a convert from Pro Tools and it took me awhile to get used to the way Logic defines Aux and Bus objects a little different from PTLE.

This is a basic environment for how I work (guitar, bass, vox, drums, synths) with appropriate I/O labels for effect sends, reverbs, and submixes. Take a look and see if you might find it useful. This is similar to how I would arrange my mixer in Pro tools, hence the title.

I find little things like labeling I/O and buses has made my workflow a lot faster (there's no more..."uh...what was bus 16 again??")

hope someone finds it useful...(or at least...er...LOGICal)

:D

Tab

If you want to use it, you just pop it into this directory: (don't forget rename it so it does not overwrite your autoload!)

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Song Templates/

Autoload.lso.zip

Hi.

If you're really into labeling stuff. Check out the Reference Manual from the page 306 onwards.

Also if you have time read the Window tutorial that I wrote:

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=2789

I usually have a screen set that is only used for automation. It is zoomed in a bit so I can quickly see automation nodes and edit them. For me this works faster than View>Automation or KC.

I

Yes, David....i"m a huge fan of CMD+~ to toggle the windows. I have a decent amount of real estate with my 20" LCD, so i usually hammer back and forth between the two.

I also have the F9 "show all windows in application" set to one of the buttons on my trackball, next to the scroll wheel, so i often toggle that way as well. i used to use CTRL+TAB to get back and forth between apps, but now i use another button on the mouse to control F10, show all windows. muuuuch faster...

I....that's a good idea to have one screenset show automation. I recently just set a new key command for increasing the waveform zoom (independently of arrange zoom) to be able to edit faster on the fly.

i might try an "automation only" screenset soon.

thanks!

Tab

Hi.

If you're really into labeling stuff. Check out the Reference Manual from the page 306 onwards.

Also if you have time read the Window tutorial that I wrote:

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=2789

I usually have a screen set that is only used for automation. It is zoomed in a bit so I can quickly see automation nodes and edit them. For me this works faster than View>Automation or KC.

I

Would this be the automation event edit window? Or a regular arrange in automation view?

Hi people,

I also create several screens, one under another in my sessions, but I have reassigned the toggle window command to the Tab key.

I also have view automation set to just the letter A. I use the B key to cut regions on the fly. Set locators to region length is /

Looking forward to seeing this aload....

Best

GC