All of Logic's Key Commands - CORRECTED!

I couldn't find this anywhere on the forum, so thought I'd post it in case someone finds it useful and it saves them a bit of time.

It's a (rough) list of all of LP8's key commands (well, the LP version I have in Oz anyway). It prints onto 8 A4 pages (or preferably an environmentally friendly 4 double-sided :) ). I left it in Word format so it's easy to make further changes.

UPDATE:

Oops. Somehow missed out the 'Arrange' commands. Sorry to those who'd downloaded it already. :oops:

It's been corrected and now it's an environmentally unfriendly 5 ds pages.

19 May 2009 UPDATE AGAIN!:

I should point out that this attachment is a printout of Logic's default set. You may want to use the US Standard preset that I've posted today. See that post for an explanation.

Logic Pro Key Cmds All corrected.doc

Edited by ninox_rufa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey ninox - thanks for your hard work. Just a few questions:

•  what does the square signify? You dont seem to list modifiers in your key commands.

• since you are clearly into key commands by having done so much work, could you elaborate on your own personal philosphy/usage ..

thanks

M S

I should point out that the ones I posted above are the default key commands you get when you initialise the key commands. Still being a bit of a Logic noob, I recently discovered that both the US Standard and US Macbook presets actually have a lot more keys assigned than the initialised set does. Doh! So... I've attached a printout of the US Standard preset below. I'd recommend using this one because if you use the one above, you may find that a command you want to assign is in fact already assigned. Ah, hope that's clear. :)

Music Spirit,

It wasn't too much work actually. I copied the key commands to the clipboard and then spent about 1/2 hour pasting them into Word as best as they'd fit. Um, not sure about the square you refer to. I'm not sure what you meant by not listing the modifiers either. If you're actually looking for an explanation of the symbols then this is a good post

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=30294&highlight=

My philosophy?

Key commands are a must. It's improved my work rate phenomenally. I went through the printout and marked all the unassigned commands that I thought would be useful. I then shortlisted the commands I wanted that weren't already assigned by Logic or that required three to four keys pressed at once (eg. editing track data). I have a UC-33e. It has 10 keypad buttons and four presets you can quickly switch to, which gives me room for 40 key commands. I've printed a couple of A4 pages with drawings of keypads on them (two keypads drawn on each page) and I've written the commands on the buttons. Being pretty new to Logic, it's great so far but still a work in progress.

An even better solution me thinks:

Buy a cheap midi keyboard and assign its keys to key commands and stick labels on the keys. There's a post on here about it somewhere.

(Doing this was also a great way of discovering functions I wasn't aware of or didn't clearly understand. Once I worked through the printout I felt I had a much better understanding of Logic's editing capabilities. I highly recommend it.)

Logic All KC US Standard.doc

• 3 years later...